Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Primary Night Run

Two days off from running meant no way that I could go a third. No freakin' way. And it seems to almost always happen -- on days when I don't work, that's when I'm super ultra lazy and don't run. Suuurrre, I've got the whole day but do I head to the gym? Nope. But when I work, that's when I seem to squeeze in a run... at least that's the way it seems lately. Well, whatever. Today I slept most of the day after getting work at 9 a.m. ... and then I finally got my butt to the gym just before closing time like 12 hours later.

Yup. Exciting, isn't it?

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh probably never went running in Bolivia.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Tuesday's Run Time: 15 minutes 40 seconds(+10)
·indoors·
Run Time - January:1 hour 1 minute 35 sec.

Tonight was another Holy Cow That Was NOT An Easy Run... run. I'm not why. On the ol' 0 to 10 Scale, 0 being easy as pie, 10 being I'd rather be dead... this was like a 7.5... way way up there. The last 5 minutes or so all I wanted to do was quit -- there'd be no negative consequences, just quit, you can work on achieving your run time tomorrow.

No. I persisted, made my run time, literally felt like three elephants and a hippopotamus ran me over... but then about 6 or 7 minutes later I was feelin' like a million bucks again. Yes, running is one of the stoopidest and most horrible things EVER... but the feeling afterwards is 100% worth it.

Running tunes from
the album of the day...


Newsboys - He Reigns: The Worship Collection (2005)Newsboys

He Reigns:
The Worship Collection

2005






It's You
He Reigns
You Are My King (Amazing Love)
Presence (My Heart's Desire)
Devotion
Blessed Be Your Name
Beautiful Sound
In Christ Alone
Strong Tower
Lord (I Don't Know)
God Of Nations


No in depth music commentary on this album. Good stuff all the way through. Christian Music Today give it a less than flattering review but that's just one person's opinion.

128 kbps dload @ Música Cristã

2 comments:

go boo boo said...

It's inspiring, your running.

I can't let this die...just real quick...for the record..."We believe the bible to be the word of God, as far as it is translated correctly." And we use the King James version. Read God's Secretaries (non-denom book as far as I know) by Adam Nicholson. It's good stuff. Also, we believe the "trinity" to be 3 separate personages, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Done, there, off my chest. And for the record, I have always thought the brew named after the polygamy thing (I can't remember right now) was funny. I do miss me a good brewing company Hefe. I'm just tired of all the negative publicity and the haters our there with the Romney campaign. Just elect Obama and get on with it already...did I do it again?

Good Lieutenant said...

Avid Deadhead, Phishhead, runner and right-of-center leaner guy.

Love the blog - found it through our mutual bud Scott at Enviro. Republican.

Keep on truckin, brother.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated