Friday, January 18, 2008

For every Brah, Betty, Benny, Barney, and Beachcomber...

Christmas lights animatedChristmas lights animated

It's Christmas All Year!!!! Wooohoooo! Actually I'm not really excited and those exclamation points are just for effect and since I'm mentioning that, I guess my cover's been blown, huh?

In reality I hate Christmas. It's true. One of the reasons that I'll mention is I'm sickened that in the United States, Christmas seems to be about the dollar sign and not much more than that. But then again, consumer spending in the month of December is extremely important for the economy. Sort of a double-edged sword kinda deal, I suppose. It's just nuts the way people run around like crazy... and not just shopping and more shopping... and then some more shopping but parties and [shaking my head here, not even sure what else to add] ... kids Christmas pageants/school plays? Family get-togethers. Did I mention parties? This past Christmastime I worked during our "office" party. HAAA! While a buttload of my co-workers enjoyed themselves, I was drivin' around town in an ambulance takin' care of people. EMS doesn't take time off. Someone had to work. And then I even worked on Christmas, as well.

I do dig Christmas music, though. I don't really have anything against it, except for that God awful Grandma Got Whacked By A Reindeer song. Too much Christmas music would drive me insane. But when I have control over how much I hear, that's okay. And since too much of it in December leading up to the 25th would begin to make me have thoughts of blowing away a mall full of shoppers, when there's so many albums to sample, why play it during only the last month of the year? Why not play it year-freakin'-round? Hey, methinks that ain't a bad idea.


It's Christmas All Year
Volume
1-'08



Surfin' Christmas - The Wavebenders (cover)
Surfin'
Christmas


Twelve Yule-Tide Classics

by
The Wave Benders






God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
What Child Is This
Deck The Halls
The Twelve Days Of Christmas
Do You Hear What I Hear
We Three Kings
Joy To The World
Jingle Bells
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Silent Night
Little Drummer Boy
We Wish You A Merry Christmas


I had no idea if this CD would be any good. My first impression was that it's not bad; it would be perfect for a Hawaiian-themed Christmas party. Giving it a second listen I was more impressed. Right from the get-go, this is some well-made music. Who these "Wave Benders" are I have no clue, but they're good musicians and each arrangement of these songs is quite interesting and definitely different than the norm. Different can be good! Here it is. Truly I thought this novelty would be sort of a one-off listen kinda deal, that it would be cast aside never to be listened to again... but I'm not sure that's the case. I just might find myself bustin' this out one day again, crankin' it up and dreamin' of catchin' some waves on Christmas Day.

256 kbps dload right here
Surfin' Christmas
Surfin' Christmas - The Wave Benders (CD, obviously)

Surfin' Christmas - The Wavebenders (rear)


SoCal surf shop window art by Zoé
See more @ www.zoesurfart.com


No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated