Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Went Running with Utah Girls

Yes, outside of the GD, I'll listen to almost anything. I need to run, it's my only significant exercise... and I HATE running so music helps that along every time. But I need a beat and I need beat progression from one three to five minute song to the next... or beat digression to slow me down over a stretch. Live GD just can't do that for me. Typical studio albums can. Songs like that are something for me to focus on and it helps me achieve 25 to 30 minutes of straight running. When I feel like quitting I can focus on the beat and step in time. I'm not picky about what the music is so long as it helps me. Sometimes what I pick, because I'm trying it out, sucks monkey butt. Occasionally I set up a Play List with an album I really love. Since my selections are soooo varied, usually it's something like today, something I'm just fine with but with a few really good songs that really help me along.

*******SPEAKER-AND-NOTES*******An Album I Listening To Today,
a.k.a. What I Ran To This Wednesday Morning...
Shedaisy - Knock On The Sky (2002) (cover)

SHeDAISY

Knock On The Sky

2002
Mine All Mine
I'm Lit
Man Goin' Down
Get Over Yourself
Rush
I Wish I Were The Rain
Repent
Everybody Wants You
Now
All Over You
The First To Let Go
Turn Me On
Keep Me Down
Knock On The Sky


320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE Knock On The Sky - Part 1 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE

320 kbps


320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE Shedaisy - Part 2 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
This is the second studio album from this mostly country trio from outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. I say mostly country because, well, they are based out of Nashville and they are considered country, but sometimes their sound strays to pop-ish. This isn't my favorite music on Earth but for running it really gets me going. Their writing isn't bad, either. Definitely not for everyone and I think once this is back on my shelf, it'll stay there for a few years before I give it a spin again. While I dig some of the tunes on here a whole lot, I prefer country that's closer to more traditional and this ain't that. But it is always nice to listen to a trio of beautiful female voices!

Shedaisy - Knock On The Sky (2002) (tray)



"Mine All Mine"
from the Reese Witherspoon movie "Sweet Home Alabama"

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated