Wednesday, May 27, 2009

That's good Mud

*******SPEAKER-AND-NOTES*******An Album I'm Listening To Now,
a.k.a. What I Ran To This Wednesday Morning...
ZZ Top - Rio Grande Mud (1972) Front

ZZ Top

Rio Grande Mud

1972

Francine
Just Got Paid
Mushmouth Shoutin'
Ko Ko Blue
Chevrolet
Apologies To Pearly
Bar-B-Q
Sure Got Cold After The Rain Fell
Whiskey'n Mama
Down Brownie
Blues permeate ZZ Top's debut from the year before. From start to finish it's Texas blues rock that makes me want to hop in a 1970's Cadillac convertible and cruise across the immense landscape of the Lone Star State, arm out the window, 10 miles per gallon, sun beatin' down, ZZ Top blarin' from the stereo.

The second album from ZZ Top sounds more Aerosmith rock and roll at times. There's still a unique early ZZ Top sound and feel to it but it rocks out more than being laid back and bluesy. The first couple times I listened to, I didn't prefer it. I'm pretty sure I like their debut better but like many albums do, this is growing on me with yet another listen. One thing's for sure -- it's competent rock and roll that's a long way from Sharp Dressed Man.


No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated