Monday, May 4, 2009

A Swift Run

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Monday Morning Run: 25 minutes 49 sec
+14 sec
.
5 Days Since My Last Run

6:20 a.m. - 68° - calm, mostly clear

I am spent. Good run, though. Woke up when it was dark, made only a small cup of cawfee (versus my normal, quite large 20 ounce cup, inhaled some cereal (Frosted Flakes!) and then I was out the door. I just absolutely do not want to run when it's warm... not that I won't, I do like that challenge, but running at dawn assures me of a fairly easy time.

This morning was easy. I was not as awake as I shoulda been but the music I was listening (Taylor Swift) to had me in a strange mood and so I seemed to float along the trail. As soon as I left the front door and was on my way to the trail I was eager to begin running. If I ran on hard paved/cement surfaces then maybe I would've but I needed to get to the trail and stretch. Once there I was so ready. The dewey weeds along the path didn't bother me at all. Two deer I saw ahead of me before they ran into the woods as I approached. Half way through my run I turned around and made my way back. Once I hit my End Cue on my Running Play List and I never once felt the urge to stop, bend over, hands on knees, gasp, air, need it, tired... nope, none of that this morning. Especially without the warm temperature that there'll be in just an hour or so from now, I felt great.

I'm surprised that I waited 5 days to run... I'm not sure how that happened. I'm not happy about that but I'm satisfied with the way running in May has begun.
May :: 25:49 sec· X
8 runs in APRIL:
3 hours 29 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated