Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gettin' back to runnin'

5+ days away. Had time for one music post. Got no running in. UGH. No exercise = bad. It's my own damn fault for not running on paved surfaces... trails only for me. Someday I'll make the transition but I just ain't ready yet.

Anyway, I'll start getting back to more Grateful Dead shows soon. I've got a backlog of requests that I'm a-tryin' to get to plus there are other things I wanna listen to, as well. Ya know? Anyone even reading this?

Anyway, anyway, I do want this to be a Grate place for Grateful Dead and related shows but exercise is ALWAYS more important than music. If I drop dead (no pun intended) then no more music... so it's best I stay healthy!

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Tuesday early afternoon Run: 26 minutes 51 sec
+10 sec
.
6(+) Days Since My Last Run12:20 p.m.58° ● mostly overcast & windy

Nearly a week without a run was NOT good... but in this case it was okay. A mini-vacation without my running shoes meant no significant exercise. Blahhhh. I've got to work on that for next time. Finally this morning afternoon I got out there on the trail again -- back to running.

I purposely didn't add much time today thinking my body probably wouldn't appreciate even 20 minutes. Known now -- I probably could have added a minute or two. Oh well. The weather for running is outstanding. Unfortunately I didn't figure that well enough into how it would affect me out there today. For the most part I felt pretty good. No serious internal nagging from the part of me that thinks I should give in to donuts. No serious fatigue, no aches, no pains. When I stopped running I was a little tired... but I got there, to the End Cue at the end of my Running Play List on my mp3 player. Today's tunes weren't all loud and fast-paced to help me along which has me scratching my head now -- usually that's what really helps me. Slower paced songs and those which go to 5+ minutes, they can hinder a run by getting me to not focus as well on them. But no such problem today.

Overall -- I'm ready for my next run!
6 in May :: 2:37:59 sec· X
6 runs in May ----- 2 hours 38 min
8 runs in APRIL:
3 hours 29 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated