Wednesday, May 13, 2009

crispy morning run

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Wednesday Morning Run: 26 minutes 41 sec
+21 sec
.
2 Days Since My Last Run6:20 a.m.58° ● dawn, nice weather

Oh man.

Torture. Enjoyable. Should've had more sleep. Crisp air helped my will to run. Music was excellent for running. Walking to the trail I was freakin' freezing my butt off. Should've worn a long sleeve shirt. First half or so of the run I was absolutely fine. Soon enough my short sleeves were fine. I got quite tired though. I had to urge myself on a million and a half times to be able to not give up. Just quit! NO!!! Good news is I finished just fine and I feel pretty good... except for being sooooo tired. I am just not used to nor do I particularly love running in the morning rather than sometime later in the day when I've been awake for awhile. This is a run I needed since over the next week I'm not going to.
2 in May :: 2:11:08 sec· X
5 runs in May ---- 2 hours 11 min
8 runs in APRIL:
3 hours 29 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated