Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kettle Mutterings

Usually I type something up here. I've actually finished what's below and now it's time to see if anything wants to spring forth from my fingertips... but nope. I got nothin'...

Wait.... check this out...

Personal fundraising widget for 2008 Red Kettle campaign

We're only shooting for a hundred bucks.
Let generosity rule you and give...
it will make you feel good to do something kind for others!


Hey now it's me, Sugarmag.

Only $5 so far and that was from me. Do you want to know something that I have learned in this life? It's that when I do something kind for another person, especially a stranger, I am really doing it for myself because I get something-I get to feel good about it. The Salvation Army is a very worthy cause because they help a lot of people. If everyone reading this blog would just donate $5, would would reach $100 in less than a day.

Probably not gonna happen, Sugarmag.
It might have been a terribly stupid idea on my part
to think it would work.
I don't think anyone wants to give even a single dollar. --Zoooma


Thanks!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah!!

Fabulous Festivus, Happenin' Holidays!



from LunaNina.com... this meme is called: Unconscious MutteringsUnconscious Mutterings

a free association game

The word is
:: and I think ... ?

I'm tacking mine on to Zoooma's. -Sugarmag

1. Travel :: fun
Foul in basketball.

2. Expensive
::
travel
Just about everything.

3. Backspace
::
keyboard
Keyboard, what other kind of backspace is there?

4. Traffic noise
::
desire to move slightly away from town to get away from it!
Traffic smell

5. Now see here
::
look what you've done. You've gone and screwed everything up. What's wrong with you? Just give back the ornaments and stop being a total blank blank blankety blank.
Meh.

6. Vegetables
::
much better for you than eating Doritos and donuts on your way to diabetes. I just don't understand why more people don't want to be healthier -- fewer medical problems and you feel better... and life will be better when you're in better shape! So EAT MORE VEGETABLES!!!!
Cartoon about Christian celery and carrots.

7. Chat
::
room
Room. One of the classes I'm taking this semester is an online class and we are using what is essentially a kind of chatroom for the class, pretty cool.

8. Your calling
::
to help others somehow
I used to think that archaeology was my calling but I found out that it's not.

9. Weekly
::
newspaper
Ads.

10. Oh!
::
my!
I just remembered!
. . . these aren't great words this week. I'm uninspired to post a video nor a picture that's related to these mutterings. Oh! well. I have an idea... go back to the top of the post and click to Donate to the Salvation Army! Oh! Come on! . . . Kick a few bucks into the Kettle!

12 comments:

Le laquet said...

I found the muttering hard this week too - nothing popped into my mind with ooomph!

I wont be donating to your Salvation Army bucket but only because they always come into school on the last day of the Christmas term and play for the children. We always give a donation - food and money on that day. But good luck with your collecting - it's a nice touch!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I'll agree the mutterings were kind of hard this week. Several of them I had to think about it. Have a great Sunday.

Sherrie

Shirl said...

Happy Sunday Mutterings!

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday....

We kinda sorta match on 10. I'd like to hear the back story on 5, sounds like there were some issues. LOL

freakypete said...

it was you who showed me this site but he has a great 77 flac on there right now.
ps i volunteer for oxfam and now as a therapist for vets
http://psychedelicsacrifice.blogspot.com/2008/12/grateful-dead-1977-11-01-cobo-arena_06.html

ShannonW said...

I agree with #4!

Happy Sunday!

Bucephallus said...

I will put in $5 at the first bucket I see, but as a true GenerationX I do not use plastic money.

Sugarmag said...

Hey there Zoooma, I'm not in the mood to do Mutterings today so I probably won't. If I did, I would say that travel makes me think of basketball, as in "he traveled" you know, carrying hte ball without dribbling? Ok, I'm a gonna do it right now and add to yours...but i've already read yours and so I'm going to try to come up with different words...

Unknown said...

Great mutterings...very whitty. I would love to give to your kettle and will on Friday when I have a little more money in the bank.

Anonymous said...

I also found them quite tough this week!
Love your answers though.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your comment about the words, but my subconscious always has something to say, even if it's not relevant, so I played along anyway.
Loved the basketball answer to #1, the traffic smell to #4, and the joint response to #5 (at least, I think it's a joint response - not trying to stir up any trouble here, mind you)

storyteller said...

I enjoyed BOTH of your 'mutterings' and appreciate you dropping by mine at Small Reflections.
Hugs and blessings,

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated