Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yawn

Vice President of the United States Dick Cheney is off to the hospital... again. I wonder how many vile human beings pieces of crap have heard this news and are hoping he dies.
Isn't that special?

In other news -- the Dow Jones is down nearly 500 points at this hour... again. Yay [i say sarcastically.] I hope I lose ALL my money that's in the stock market. Yayyy.

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Wednesday afternoon Run: 21 min 11 sec
+ 41 sec

Noon o'clock - 78°, way sunny, way too warm but low humidity so not brutal
XXXXXXXXXXXX ·Oct :: +30 sec· XXXXXXXXXXX
September:3 hours 25 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

Well, the good news is I went for a run and it wasn't 8 days since my last run... only 7 days since my last run. Yay? Not quite.

Twas only my 2nd run in 15 days in October. BAD. VERY BAD.

Pathetic, actually.

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR

PHONOGRAPHRunning Playlist
Included Tunes from...

Van Halen II (1979)
Van Halen

Van Halen II

1979
You're No Good
Dance The Night Away
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Bottoms Up!
Outta Love Again
Light Up The Sky
Spanish Fly
D.O.A.
Women In Love...
Beautiful Girls
Classic hard rock Van Halen is. So classic that David Lee Roth, at the time, was leaping off stacks of amps. Today he probably uses a walker to get around.

I don't dig this album as much as the first one. It happens often -- great debut and then the eventual follow-up just fails to live up to it. Oh well.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 128 kbps dload @ MusikFactory 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

13 comments:

Sugarmag said...

Hiya Zoooma, I'm glad you ran. I gotta tell you, Zoooma, that I don't like Dick Cheney but I don't hope he dies. Also, there is a lot of hatred coming from both political extremes, not just the left. Listen to Rush Limbaugh sometime, yikes!

Zoooma said...

Sugarmag -- what are some recent examples of hatred from the mouth of Rush Limbaugh that you have heard while listening to him?

Sugarmag said...

Well, a couple of weeks ago I caught 5 minutes of him talking about how a group of conservatives are raising money to help Barack Obama's impoverished half brother in Africa. Give me a break, Obama's father left his mother and him when he was very young and he hardly new his dad when he was growing up. His dad had another family in Africa and Obama does not have much of a relationship with his half brother. Given the circumstances, I think that is understandable and I think that using that for political reasons and drawing attention to it by raising money is a shitty thing to do. That is all I have heard of Limbaugh recently, but I am pretty familiar with his anti liberal and anti feminist venom. Feminazi? I don't think I need to hear more.

Sugarmag said...

Well, it would be great if they were raising money to help a whole village, or orphaned babies, or someone who asked for help, but what they are doing is raising money to draw attention to the fact that Obama has a half brother who is living in poverty. They are doing it to make Obama look bad, not because they actually give a fuck about that particular person who may not need or want their money anyway.

Sugarmag said...

Do you think that they would be raising money to help Obama's half brother if he was not Obama's half brother? What about the half brother's next door neighbor? Drawing attention to Obama's relationship with his half brother is mean spirited, and I think that the money they raise could be better spent on oh, I dunno, orphanages? Disaster victims? These people would rather raise money to make Obama look bad. Limbaugh was talking about it because he was encouraging people to donate because being mean spirited is his schtick.

Zoooma said...

Shoulda said that in the first place!

I won't deny there's some hatred from the right. Interestingly, though, there's so much more from the left. I wonder why that is.

You'll find very few conservatives who wish certain liberals death. But on the flip side, I can easily find MANY liberals who have no problem wishing Dick Cheney would die. Bush, too, for that matter.

Nice.

Sugarmag said...

Who are you referring to?

Zoooma said...

Countless nameless hate filled liberals such as:

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 526902
10/15/2008 10:49 AM
Re: Breaking on MSNBC!!!!! Cheney headed to hospital for heart problem! Quote

DAMN beat me to it,die Dick die!


or icepick151:

I would really enjoy it if he would just eat shi$ and die.

Sugarmag said...

What about the countless hate right wingers who say things like:
Anyone heard abt Ted kennedy?? Will he be able to see his dream of obama beging president in 2009?
Shawn g: Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
I hope not that guy is a murderer and a crook and has been for years. When Jr's plane went down a few years ago someone said "oh what a tragedy" The only tragedy was teddy wasn't on the plane with him.
perfekt: Ted is a great American,not sure about his health but he stuck to his party when he endorsed this black guy,not his beliefs,as for JFK/Kennedys,they would be ashamed and outraged of what's running on the DEM ticket in this election.

MCCAIN/PALIN or Slavery

guberx: God forbid Barack Hussein Obama will be president.

Kimmie: Hopefully he drives into a stream, drowns and people just watch him die so he knows how it feels

This was from here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081006102549AAoFvvc.

There are people like that everywhere on both sides and you know it.

Sugarmag said...

Sorry for the typos, you get the gist :). My point? Ain't no time to hate. Why draw attention to comments like that?

Zoooma said...

Fact of the matter is, and this should be recognized by those who are blind to see it, PURE HATRED comes way more (and it's way more despicably vile) from liberals than conservatives.

I never said it wasn't on both sides... but it comes a thousand times more from those who proudly label themselves left wing liberals.

Sugarmag said...

I don't think that's true and I think the reason it bothers me is that those people make the rest of us liberals look bad and you are so gleeful about it. It bugs me that I often feel the need to defend liberalism in my conversations with you. Also those who sling mud are a distraction, let's talk about real issues.

Sam said...

I think you two would get more done if you just talked in person. Or on the phone. Either way, that was still enjoyable -- and informative -- to read. Thanks for letting us peak into your lives.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated