Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Running with Reba

Apparently there was some debate last night. Two people, each saying they're right and the other is wrong. I wonder who won. Here are the highlights:


In other news, an estimated 4,500 children will die today simply because they don't have clean drinking water and proper sanitation.

No, we can't mail 4 ounces of undrinken¹ water to someone in need in Africa or Asia or wherever... but is it right to just throw away that 4 ounces of water when some child will die for lack of 4 ounces of water? Something that is so critical to preserving a child's life, should we just take it for granted??? Too bad for those 4,500 children? We've got water to waste as we please... not our concern?

¹ brand new word for the English language

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Wednesday late morning Run: 20 min 30 sec
- 2:07

10:40 a.m. - 72°, overcast and nice for running
XXXXXXXXXXXX ·Oct :: +30 sec· XXXXXXXXXXX
September:3 hours 25 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

Okay... first run in like 8 days.

BAD!

But good to finally get back to running. I've had a mysterious calf strain for many of the days during this mini-hiatus so I wanted to make sure it was gone before hitting the trail again -- did not want to injure myself in a way that would keep me sidelined even longer.

Felt okay out there. Low temperature and no sun allowed me to run with relative ease. Because it's been awhile since I last ran, I purposely kept my Running Time lower than what I wanted. I'll get back to up 22 and 23 minutes (and beyond) after another run or two. This month I am still hoping to eclipse my Run Time for September but taking the first 7 days of October off, well, that might hinder my goal. We shall see. We shall see.

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR

PHONOGRAPHRunning Playlist
Included Tunes from...

Reba McEntire - Feel The Fire
Reba McEntire

Feel The Fire

1980
You Lift Me Up (To Heaven)
Tears On My Pillow
I Don't Think Love Oughta Be That Way
Long Distance Lover
If I Had It My Way
I Can See Forever In Your Eyes
A Poor Man's Roses (Or A Rich Man's Gold)
My Turn
Look At The One (Who's Been Lookin' At You)
Suddenly There's A Valley
I don't know much about the music of Reba McEntire but when it comes to needing music for running, I'll use just about anything and so I gave her a try.

Older country is interesting in that only 3 of the 10 songs here are over 3 minutes long. A mere half hour of music. 15 minutes per side on a cassette tape? Wow. I think I've got EP's longer than that.

It's not a bad bunch of tunes, though. Makes me think... hmmm.... Oklahoma. Hmmm... isn't that where Reba's from?

I'm not country, I'm damn far from being country, but part of me digs that cowboy lifestyle, well, that modern cowboy in a pickup truck living in blue jeans and workin' on a ranch or in something having to do with farming somewhere in Texas or Oklahoma. I'll never be that but country music reminds me of that kinda life that I've seen when I've driven through those parts of America. It takes me away from suburban city living.

Anyway, I like these tunes and once again I'm looking forward to more Reba in the future.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 128 kbps dload @ Just Country 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

1 comment:

Sugarmag said...

Hey, glad you ran. Another thing critical to the lives of infants and young children? Breastfeeding. One of the reasons why the number of children who die from drinking unclean water is so high is that they are not breastfed and instead the artificial milk they are fed is mixed with contaminated water, which can cause diarrhea, which can cause death-especially where no medical care is available. In addition to meeting all of a baby's nutritional needs for at least the first six months of life, human milk also has antibodies that protect infants from illness.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated