Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mickey Mouse Mutterings

What a gorgeous day today. Finally it's Fall in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. Thank God the heat is gone. It's cool and somewhat crisp out. Can't possible equal Fall in New England or even other northern states like Illinois or Utah but still I'm diggin' it 'cause it means no more disgustingly hot temperatures. Truly they haven't been that bad lately but it's about dang time for some Autumn around here!!!

Hopefully I can get outside later to enjoy it some.

In the meantime...


from LunaNina.com... this meme is called: Unconscious MutteringsUnconscious Mutterings

a free association game

The word is
:: and I think ... ?

1. Magical :: Kingdom ... technically Disney's Theme Park is the Magic Kingdom but it came to mind.

2. Shrimp :: Boyardee ... wow, that makes NO sense. Something that makes a million times MORE sense: Shrimp and Grits. It might be southern but it's sooooooo good! Tyler Florence's Food Network recipe is one I've wanted to try for a few years now. Paula Deen's looks good, too, but Tyler's calls for sausage while Paula's calls for a Louisiana Cajun ham and while other meat can be substituted for ham, I'd rather just use the recipe that already has sausage included... Italian sausage would give the dish some of my Northern Heritage since I ain't no southerner!

3. Project Runway :: Heidi Klum?

4. Economy :: crappy ... I've lost WAYYYYYYY too much money in the stock market in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of this year. It's GOT to bounce back! It will but here's a Newsflash for ya -- ain't no savior out there who will be elected to come to the rescue. The economy will never be dependent on the President of the United States and it's not the fault of our President now that the economy is somewhat in the tank. I know a LOT of people wanna blame one man (it's so much fun to, isn't it?!) but there are more factors that the person occupying the White House.

5. Porch :: Pearl Jam [song from their debut album Ten]

6. State of affairs :: business dealings ... not a term I use so nothing really came to mind.

7. .com :: business

8. Fifty cents :: Half a dollar

9. Ripping :: Jack the Ripper ... my favorite 19th Century London serial killer. That sounds like I dig serial killers which is creepy. I'm a cereal killer myself (mmmmm... Fruuuuuity Pebbles!) but I don't really dig serial killers.

10. Bull :: bollocks!

Pearl Jam ~ "Porch" ~ Lollapalooza Festival
Jones Beach Amphitheater, Wantagh, New York
August 9, 1992


No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated