Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catchy Title For Today's Run Withheld

I wonder if it's dumb to still be angry at idiotic war protesters who declared President George W. Bush to be equal to Hitler. Maybe they're just a bunch of sad souls who just didn't know any better.

Bush really wasn't like Hitler, right? He isn't now, is he? No, that couldn't be right. So far as I know, and I'm pretty sure I've been paying pretty good attention, our President has never allowed anything like the following to happen:

At the Kovno Ghetto in present-day Kaunas, Lithuania, on this day, October 29, in 1941, around 10,000 Jews were shot to death. This became known as the "Great Action." I'm sure Hitler was pleased.

If Bush is guilty of such actions, they must not have been reported in the news and/or I must have been taking a nap that day.

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Wednesday Afternoon Run: 23 min 15 sec
+ 2:08 !!

2:55 p.m. - 56°, cloudless & bright but nearly perfect for running!!!!!!
X ·Oct :: +30 sec· X
September:3 hours 25 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

Fan-freakin'-tastic run! This is the weather I need to excel. This is the weather I need to put a smile on my face. Running sucks ass, at least for me, but cool weather like this makes it much more tolerable.

Without any hesitation I added just over 2 minutes to my previous running time. How difficult was that extra two minutes? On a scale of 0 to 100 -- oh, about a 0. Sweet, baby. Just sweet! Have I run 23 minutes ever before? I have, at least once, maybe twice. I think that was in an undocumented run but in all my running posts, have I run 23+ minutes? I could check... but I'm not gonna. Maybe. Maybe not. In any case -- 23 minutes for me is GREAT!!!!!!

I'm so glad that I got out on the trail again. I've come to face the fact that October is shot as far as achieving the success I wanted in my Total Running Time for the month. Oh well. Why I'm even using calendar months to measure success, I don't know. It's not like me. But I am. And since I am, I'll look forward to November and do my best over these last few days of October.

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR

PHONOGRAPHWednesday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...

Icehouse (Flowers) - Icehouse (1980)
Icehouse (Flowers)

Icehouse

1980
Icehouse
We Can Get Together
Fatman
Sister
Walls
Can't Help Myself
Skin
Sons
Boulevarde
Nothing To Do
Not My Kind

A long, long, long time ago, Icehouse had one of the earliest videos on MTV (below.) They hit it big (internationally) in the late 80's with their album Man Of Colours. Prior to that, I think very few people in America knew about them. Once upon a time they were called Flowers and the name of their debut album was Icehouse. Oddly, shortly after its Australian release (they're from Sydney) they changed the band name to the name of their debut album and the rest is history. Onward they went, eventually to be elected into the Australian Recording Industry Hall of Fame.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 192 kbps dload @ AusSound 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download
"Icehouse" by Icehouse, 1980/81



2 comments:

Sugarmag said...

Hey Zoooma,

I'm glad you ran, that's awesome that you ran for 23 minutes. You know you're right, you shouldn't use the calendar to measure success. Well, that is one measure but you can't undo days gone by, all you can do is do your best today and plan to do the same tomorrow, but no beating yourself up for yesterday ;).

Fancy Schmancy said...

Good for you for getting out there and doing, the extra 2 minutes is an awesome way to push yourself. I think if I ran for 23 minutes they'd have to cart my fat, dead but to the morgue.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated