Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Oz Country Run / I Want To Be Safe!

We're in trouble.

The chosen running mate for the Democratic presidential candidate (here in the United States) has done a wonderful job of telling us that we're better off having someone other than the man he is on the ticket with.

Dillhole Joe Biden said:

"Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"Gird your loins."

Ain't that swell.

Ain't it?

Biden didn't say that our new President will be tested -- he said the Democrat will be tested.

Say what ya want about President Bush, but you simply cannot deny that since 9/11 he has kept us safe here within our borders.

No, Biden didn't say we'd be attacked here. He did not say we'd be attacked at all. But what international crisis was something launched deliberately to test George W. Bush? And why didn't Biden say "When we have a new President, we will be tested" without stating who that man would be?

National Security as an issue in this election -- where the hell has it gone? The security of our economy means NOTHING if we're not secure as a nation.

The international crisis that will happen if Biden's man is elected, that will cripple us. We can't afford that. We're already in trouble and we need to recover. Whatever this is that Biden has said will happen -- it won't be good for our nation, especially if we are directly attacked and citizens are murdered by terrorists.

That cannot be allowed to happen. But electing the Democrat -- it will happen.

Do we really want to let it happen? Our friends... our families... why do we want to let them and ourselves be in more danger than we already are? I don't know 'bout you but I don't feel like gettin' blowed or nothin'.

Choosing to elect someone whose position as President will create some kind of crisis that we don't need, a crisis that could potentially damage this nation worse than it's damaged now, a crisis that could potentially murder our citizens... again... that doesn't make sense.

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Tuesday late morning Run: 21 min 16 sec
+ 5 sec

11:10 a.m. - 64°, way sunny but soooooooo nice for running
XXXXXXXXXXXX ·Oct :: +30 sec· XXXXXXXXXXX
September:3 hours 25 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

I finally had a run today. First in 6 days, I think. Not good... but I got a run in so that's better than nothing.

Twas beautifully chilly and had I gone earlier, I would've needed a long-sleeve shirt. With the sun blaring overhead and the heat generated from my run, short-sleeve was just fine.

Since it's been almost a week, I kept my Running Time a little low, lower than what I should be at. Oh well. The time of my Running Playlist worked out okay but my choice of first song was just way too slow. If a song's Beats Per Minute is too slow, it almost makes me want to just start walking. For some reason I thought it would be okay... it was but I had thoughts of just walking so I've gotta be more careful there. My time, though, was well-chosen, I believe. A good place to be when I haven't run for a long while.

Now -- I've got to keep it up. I've completely screwed myself for achieving my desired goal for October but so long as I can run at least every other, I'll feel better. Then for November I'll shoot for passing what I should have achieved for October.

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR

PHONOGRAPH

Tuesday's Running Playlist
included listening to this album...

Adam Brand - Adam Brand-front
Adam Brand

[self-titled debut]

1998
Uncle Pete
Never Live Without You
Grandpa's Piano
My Mind's Made Up
Come From The Heart
Feelin' Single, Seein' Double
Losing Streak
Last Man Standing
Size Two Boots
Dirt Track Cowboys
My Mama Told Me (Not To Play The Guitar)
Here And There
King Of The Road
Words Cannot Say
Who is Adam Brand? I'd never even heard of this dude but decided to check him out. It's weird hearing in a country music song a mention of the Nullarbor Plain. Why weird? This is country music and the Nullarbor Plain stretches from South Australia to Western Australia!

Well, I suppose to a country singer from Perth and to his Aussie fans, hearing that geographical location in a song ain't too weird at all. But to an American, it ain't like hearin' about Memphis or Little Rock or Texas, of course.

Not a bad album from one of Australia's most popular country singers. It's definitely kinda radio-ish with a lot of production but this guy, now from Sydney, could easily be rockin' juke joints around dusty parts of Oz rather than theaters and music halls with tickets purchased from the Aussie equivalent of Ticketbastard.

I think I might see if I can check out more of his tunes in the future. And this is definitely good for running as there are a lot of toe-tappin' tunes here. Often country can be too slow for running but not this. Good, fun stuff.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 128 kbps dload @ Just Country 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the paranoia about getting attacked...it's senseless
a mere 3,000 Americans died because of a couple half wit religious morons in 2001. We've killed many more of our own since then. Statistically, we are always going to be more likely to be killed by another American than by a foreign terrorist. Divide and conquer is what enemies use...why are we buying into this stupid Democrat-Republican Conservative-Liberal divide? That is NOT in the best interest of the American people. Let's have some faith in OURSELVES. Screw the parties, screw the labels.

Besides, if a Republican general (Powell) is comfortable with the idea of an Obama presidency, I'll take his experienced judgment over the dimwitted pundits in the press who earn their money keeping us divided and living under a false drama.

NO ONE...especially some superstitious bone head follower of some goofy religion will ever cause me to live in fear. It's UNAmerican. No matter what comes, we are America. And it's time we remembered that. Bush can kiss my ass. He has mortgaged the future of America with foreign debt by selling fear to the gullible.
Don't let 'em get ya. We're better than that.

Sugarmag said...

Hey Anonymous, well said. Thank you.

Zoooma said...

Thanks, anonymous. I don't wanna argue but some things I wanna restate or mention...

-- Number of citizens murdered in the United States by terrorism since 9/11 -- zero. Despite what else you think of Bush's job performance -- that's a success.

-- Bush has nothing to do with Biden's comments and the future President keeping us safe or not.

-- Biden said we will face a crisis.

-- I have faith that We will get by, We will survive. Our nation will somehow see brighter days...

but if electing Biden's man means we will face a crisis -- that's not good. That's not right. Do we want to risk being attacked again if that's what the crisis might be? Can anyone honestly say that's what it, beyond a shadow of a doubt, won't be?

But if it is, a few thousand souls sacrificed -- tens of thousands? -- maybe that'll be an acceptable sacrifice if we can have Obama as president?

No.

I don't want my family put into greater danger if he's elected President.

I'm just a-goin' by what Biden himself said. His remarks... not those of pundits.

Oh, and remember -- Powell supported Bush and the War in Iraq. Now he's supporting Obama. Hmmm.... kinda makes ya wonder? No?

Anonymous said...

True, but not even as successful as Clinton...one Trade Center bombing...no attack on Washington. LOL Statistics can say whatever we want them to say.

I'm not sure what the context of Biden's remarks were. Obviously he can't say the next president when he's running on the ticket. That wouldn't be positive. But we are facing more than one crisis that will test the next president (I'm not running, so I can say that), if not presidents.

The debt we owe to foreign countries is NOT good. When we pile up debt, just so we can enjoy tax breaks, it means someone else will pay those taxes...and they aren't old enough to vote yet. I have no kids, so in theory I shouldn't care what the little slackers will be stuck with. But as a patriot...no taxation without representation is a hardcore value. Sure parents' vote for their kids, but it's a raw deal either way you look at it. They'll be starting their working lives in the hole because we didn't want to pony up our share. Dealing with that debt is one crisis.

Those damn Iranians, North Koreans, Afghanis, Pakis, Chinese and Canadian commies represent another. The world seems very touchy right now. I trust McCain, but his running mate is a bit on the shrill shrew side. I trust Obama, but his running mate looks like a televangelist. Foreign affairs is a crisis and each party has one candidate that is inexperienced. Personally, I trust Obama more simply because there may be a "talkable" solution, and he seems more open to that possibility. If not, we will still have the same military.

The economy is in crisis. Education is in crisis. Infrastructure is in crisis.
We have lost our standing as number one in the world in so many areas and changing that will not be cheap.

We face crisis no matter WHO is going to be president. I do not feel myself in any danger from foreign morons now, nor did I on 9-12-01,or the day before. Attack is not the only way we can be killed and maimed as the weather and other people's driving shows us pretty much daily. Something will always happen. So we prepare as best we can and live every day like it's our last. Whatever happens, we'll get through it. I don't believe that one candidate is any more likely to bring something on than the other, even on the expert declaration of Joe Biden. :o)

Your family is in more danger from the other morons on the road than from terrorists. How many people you know who have been hurt by an act of terrorism? What about the act of a distracted driver? Don't let these people give you the fear. They keep telling me I live in a "ground zero" because of CentCom being so close. Oooooooooooo...I'm in ground zero when the guy in the car next to me is texting at 70 mph. What are McCain or Obama going to do about THAT nitwit?

As for General Powell...he is entitled to change his mind. You live and learn...well hopefully anyway.

But seriously, we have life dicked in the U.S. The poorest among us lives better than half the world. That's not to say we don't have problems that need to be addressed, but however we beat the odds to be born here gives me faith that there are NO odds we can't beat.

Well...there IS that idiot in the car next to me texting at 70 mph.

Zoooma said...

Dang it, man, my head hurts.

Are you Batman?

We're all goin' to Hell in a Bucket so do me a favor? Just hand me a freakin' Guinness, Press Play on some sweet tunes, and let's kick back and just enjoy the ride, a'ight?

NOBODY FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Anonymous said...

Biden states "a generated crisis."
This refers to a multinational globalist billionaire orchestration.
Right wing neo con spin attempting to turn Biden's warning into Obama being weak is laughable.
Also I see that most leave out Joe's insistence that whatever mystery organization taxes Barack's mettle they will be met with a "SPINE OF STEEL."
Conservative trickle down policies have failed big time.
Time to finally pay.
This ol' goat has thousands of hours of GD(flac, shn, cdr, dvd)
I'm glad I have no need for your "generosity" seeing that it has to include conservative propaganda.
Now playing:
GD at Kent State.
or
GD at Black Panthers Benefit
or
GD Rainforest @
MSG
or
The Dead and The Allmans/
Penn State
FOR
Obama/Biden 2008.


ps. Sarah Palin does look fine in her monthly 150,000 dollar wardrobe

Peace
Olompali

Zoooma said...

It sad to see people like yourself seemingly having hatred for those with conservative ideologies:

"I'm glad I have no need for your "generosity" seeing that it has to include conservative propaganda."

It is no wonder America is so divided when people like you want nothing to do with those who think differently than you. I'd have a beer with you... but to you I'm probably a leper who deserves only to be spit on and dumped on some desert island. I could be wrong... but that's my guess.


You say that Biden's mention of a crisis
"refers to a multinational globalist billionaire orchestration."

Who says that? He didn't say it. He never said what kind of crisis. Where'd you get that from then?

Right wing neo con spin attempting to turn Biden's warning into Obama being weak is laughable.

Biden himself made the statement that there'll be a crisis with Obama as President. That's all a person needs to worry about -- Biden's own words. One does not need to look to what pundits have to say.

You say that whatever organization tried to mettle with Obama, that they'll be met with some fierce resistance, with a "SPINE OF STEEL."

Yeah... but I don't want that to have to occur AFTER something bad happens. Let's PREVENT it from happening in the first place. Wouldn't that be smart? Or no?

Biden said it will happen to Obama. That we know.

We don't know that's true for anyone else so in order to lower the chances of a crisis occurring, we need to vote for who? Someone else.

Nazz Nomad said...

Simply put... the Bush reign has been a disaster. I fail to see the validity of claiming "success" that there were no further attacks on the USA in the last 7 years.
The economy is in shambles (and some of that has to be placed on his policies)
We are in a war perpetuated by Cheney and his cronies for the purpose of profits, not prophets.
The world hates us.

It's time to let the other party have a shot.

McCain is NOT the answer, and Palin is a nightmare.

This is NOT about ideology, it's about results.

Zoooma said...

What does any of that have to do with what Biden said?

(Nothing.)

And no one can deny that President Bush had success in keeping us safe from terrorism since 9/11.

That's fact. You can't deny fact.

ANYWAY...

Biden said we're going to face a crisis.

To vote for Obama will bring that.

Potentially having thousands of Americans DEAD is acceptable if it means Obama will be president?

We don't know what the crisis will be. Biden didn't speculate.

So if it is a terrorist attack -- that will be acceptable?

No.

Zoooma said...

We simply should NOT be inviting the crisis that Biden talked about.

We want to get rid of the War in Iraq. But it's okay to welcome something else in its place? Voting for Obama will create a crisis involving us in some way. What if that's terrorism in New York City or Chicago or elsewhere in America?

I don't want that to happen.

How does accepting that crisis make sense?

Anonymous said...

I don't wanna argue or nothing, but one fact keeps chewing at my craw...whatever that means. LOL You keep saying that we haven't been attacked by terrorists since 9-11. That's true. Can't deny that. Is it because of Bush? Well...if you think of our "terrorist" enemies as logical, it makes sense. But these wackos think it is an honor to die for the cause and be rewarded with 72 virgins in heaven or wherever they go. (can you imagine having to explain it to 72 women? Sheesh)

So death doesn't seem to put much fear in them. They didn't bail out of those planes at the last minute. They'd see Bush's threats of retaliation as a ticket to their own private harems.

I think they've done what they wanted to do and are enjoying watching us go broke trying to prevent the unpreventable. Screw them.

Besides...we don't even mention the country that is truly behind the terrorists...the one with the financial mojo and technology to play finance and execute acts on a global scale...SAUDI ARABIA. Jesus Christ, Bin Laden is a member of the House of Saud...Maybe Bush being friends with them is what keeps us from being attacked.

I say NUKE them and turn the whole Saudi Peninsula into a giant sheet of glass that will reflect a great portion of the sun's rays and help with global warming.

Of course, that still leaves the communist menace of Canada right at our door! With their red pot leaf flag and socialized medicine and CN spy tower! Workers of the world unite, eh?

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated