Thursday, October 23, 2008

Running with my Lovegod

Things I hate (not the comprehensive list):

  • Oysters
  • When a person checks the blog of their ex when it does not concern them... the act of doing so truly is an unhealthy obsession
  • Hot weather
  • MSNBC and media bias
  • Higher taxes for corporations because when they lose that money, it prevents them from hiring more American workers, and some companies, if suddenly forced to pay higher taxes, they will also be forced to lay some workers off because they can no longer afford to pay them... OH, and check this out: some CEO's might even think of relocating their company to a country with lower corporate taxes (which is everywhere but Japan.) Now.... laying some workers off or potentially laying off every worker because the company closes shop and leaves... how is that good for America???
  • Higher taxes for citizens who've worked hard to earn that money... they should be able to freely choose what they want to do with it
  • Boy bands... do they even still exist?
  • The word hate.
Things I love (again, not a comprehensive list):
  • When people mind their own business
  • Cookies
  • Helping people get some good music in their ears
  • LOWER taxes for EVERYONE
  • Dogs, especially big, cool, funky, hiking dogs
  • Ferraris
  • Being a healthier human being by keeping active

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Thursday Noontime Run: 22 min 49 sec
+ 1:33

12:10 p.m. - 62°, way sunny but soooooooo nice for running
XXXXXXXXXXXX ·Oct :: +30 sec· XXXXXXXXXXX
September:3 hours 25 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

It felt so good to get out again today for the 2nd time in 3 days. That in itself is a success for October. Sad but true.

I suppose it was the perfect Fall day for this part of South Carolina. The only negative to running in bright sunlight -- the need for sunglasses. Of course they make me look cooler than I already am, but sweat can blur them when running and that's not good.

In any case, I should have run longer. Or not. With temperatures like these, I can run longer so that's a darn good thing. But I'm not sure if I wanna push it more than I'm comfortable with.

Felt so good immediately afterwards and really I wanted to keep running. Feelin' good now, too. Never a better run! (umm, well, on october 23 in south carolina.)

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR

PHONOGRAPH

Thursday's Running Playlist
included listening to this album...

The Soup Dragons - Lovegod (1990)
The Soup Dragons

Lovegod

1990
I'm Free (featuring Junior Reid)
Mother Universe
Backwards Dog
Softly
Drive The Pain
Lovegod
Dream-E-Forever
Sweetmeat
Kiss The Gun
Love You To Death
Beauty Freak
Lovegod Dub
Crotch Deep Trash
Great album from a cool band! Somewhere in time, circa 1990 or so, I discovered the Glasgow area band, The Soup Dragons, and I'm glad I did. Their 1992 follow-up to this might be better (with the hit "Divine Thing") but there ain't a bad song on Lovegod. "I'm Free" is a Stones cover featuring Black Uhuru lead singer, Junior Reid that's interesting and fun. Listening to this twice in a row today, I wanna keep on loop for a few more spins!

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 192 kbps dload @ Back On The Road 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

3 comments:

Sugarmag said...

Hey Zoooma, I love that I am free to tell you that I am glad you ran.

Anonymous said...

Things I hate (not the comprehensive list):

Someone once said, "Ain't no time to hate."

Zoooma said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Bob!

Ain't no time to hate each other is wonderful to live by... some of those things I truly do hate but notice I mentioned I hate actions, not people... not you accused me of hating people, I'm just a-sayin' :) We can (and probably should) love even the murderer but despise what he (or she) has done.

Rarely should we ever hate people -- Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Richard Simmons... some are okay... but the exceptions are way few.

Things, on the other hand, I think are okay to hate. Sometimes we have no choice, like with food... oysters I just can't stomach and I think they taste like crap. I can't really change that!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated