Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sugar Mag's Mutterings and A Bonus Show For Ya'...

Hey now it's me, Sugarmag. I used to have my very own blog to write in and it was fun because random people would stop by and comment. I met lots of cool people that way, including Zoooma. Since my own blog is defunct for reasons I can't say, I decided to post my mutterings over here. Right now it's Sunday and I have lots to do before my children come home but I am waiting around for a Grateful Dead show to upload on to Rapidshare so that I can share it with my friend Ethan. I'll link to it when it's done so you can check it out if you want. I haven't listened to it yet but the set list looks good:

03-17-91 Capital Centre, Landover, Md. (Sun)

1st Set: Bucket> Sugaree, Walking Blues, Peggy-O, Queen Jane,
Reuben & Cherise, Let It Grow


2nd Set: China Cat> I Know You Rider> Woman Smarter,
Crazy Fingers> Truckin> New Speedway> Drumz>
Wheel> Watchtower> Black Peter> Around


E: U.S. Blues


first "Reuben & Cherise"

My friend Ethan was there and he really dug the Reuben and Cherise.

Here it is...

to download the first set, just click on the ticket.

(It's my slick ticket click trick.)






Part 1






...to download Part Two,
click on the backstage pass
over there on the right----------->

Recording Info:
SBD -> Master Dat ->
Master Cassette (Tascam 122mkIII) ->
Dat (SV3800/48k)


Transfer Info:
Dat -> Cool Edit Pro ->
Samplitude v7.02 Professional -> FLAC

Patch Info:
Nakamichi 300/CP4 + Neumann KM84i ->
Realistic 4 Channel Mixer ->
Cassette Master (Sony D5/Maxell MX-S90)

Patched from 6:04 in Queen Jane through 0:07 in Rubin
Thanks to dmac for the patch source!!!

Patched and Edited By Charlie Miller 1/21/05

* * * * * * * And here's Part 3 * * * * * * *

Today I am listening to Keith's first show from 1971. My Zoooma is planning on writing a post about it later today. And now I should go grocery shopping and then clean my house. I have to clean my bathroom today, which is my most hated chore. The good news is that with my soon to be ex-husband gone, the toilet is much less gross. I'm not sure why cleaning the bathroom was always my job when he was here, and I guess now that he is gone I don't mind quite so much.
Before I go, I will mutter...

Unconscious Mutterings (I say, you think)

  1. Magical ::I don't know...land? Mushrooms?

  2. Shrimp ::boat

  3. Project Runway ::A dumb show I've never watched

  4. Economy :: size car

  5. Porch ::A back porch in July... This is from a Grateful Dead song, Standing On the Moon




  6. State of affairs ::A sad state of affairs

  7. .com ::bubble that burst

  8. Fifty cents ::half a dollar.

  9. Ripping ::editing, burning

  10. Bull ::shit of course

5 comments:

Timmy said...

So much, & so nicely done, Sug Mag... I love the 90's for the most part, because, I think the Non-Jer's were assuming the "duty" of attempting "to pick it up", meaning they were aware of Jerry's diminishing performances, so they all felt it was the thing to do. Except for Vince. He, I felt was so jazzed to be with them all, he was on a natural high... BUT WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW? thanx & peas...

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I would like very mucho to download this file. Can you please upload again? Ahja, thanks for your great Grateful Dead Blog. One question: Where has the deadpieshop gone? This beautiful Cover blog side has gone. Forever gone? And do you know anything about the maker? I nowhere get an answer and I think if anybody will know these guys it will be you. Thanks in advance,
v-chile

Sugarmag said...

Hiya Timmy, thanks for your comment way back here a long time ago!

Hi Voodoo Chili, give us a couple of days and one of us will get this show back up. I don't know what deadpie shop is. I'll ask around, though. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi there - Len again looking for my second 1991 show of the day. Links are down. Any chance of a re-up? Most grateful

Zoooma said...

Will also try to get to this one. Stay tuned.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated