Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mutter Mutter, This Morning I Mutter

1:12 a.m. and the Boston Red Sox are still playing (Top of the 11th Inning) down in St. Petersburg, Florida against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Hmmm, Tampa plays in St. Petersburg. Well, then again, the New York Jets and New York Giants play in New Jersey and aren't really New York teams at all!

Anyway... time for:

from LunaNina.com... this meme is called: Unconscious MutteringsUnconscious Mutterings

a free association game

The word(s)
:: and I think ... ?

1. Zoo :: Station - song by U2 from Achtung Baby

2. Neighborhood :: Mr. Rogers

3. Salute :: the flag

4. Immortality :: live forever

5. Dominion :: Kings -- amusement park in Virginia along I-95

6. Rhonda :: Help Me -- song by The Beach Boys

7. Parties :: political -- we've essentially got two in America and they do their best to make all other political parties seem unimportant and irrelevant including excluding them from debates which is just plain wrong

8. Prince of Darkness :: Dracula

9. Garbage :: a band that I like that I thought was from England or Wales but the lead singer is Scottish and they're from Wisconsin... hmm

10. Standard :: & Poor's -- something to do with the stock market, beats me, don't really care, it just came to mind

"Zoo Station" ~ U2 ~ August 18, 1993
Cardiff Arms Park ~ Dublin, Ireland


8 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Be still my heart....Love Bono!!!

Now, I'm going to be humming Help me Rhonda, help me Rhonda, help me get her outta my heart.

Come by my mutterings if you can find time. I'd appreciate your visit.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Looks like #6 tops among us! ;)

Happy Sunday...

Anonymous said...

I thought of you for #1. Just wanted you to know.
And we matched on a couple of others, including #9

Shirl said...

I like your mutterings!! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Excellent #2. Aw I miss him....

Your #7 is such a grown up answer. I'm thinking college parties instead of the election coming up in a few weeks.

I thought of the band Garbage too, but went w/ my first thought.

Anonymous said...

much like the New York Yankees are in the Bronx and the New York Mets are in Queens, but it's all considered NYC, Tampa Bay refers to a number of cities and towns in close proximity to Tampa Bay. The Rays play in St. Petersburg, yes, but mere blocks from Tampa Bay. Perhaps one day we'll unload our worthless tax-sucking welfare mother football team, the Buccaneers, on some other poor unsuspecting city and move the Rays to Tampa proper. Then all of our teams would be self-supporting. But hey...given the choice between funding a crappy football team or schools...who would want to spend tax money on schools? There's no future in it.

GO Rays!

Kwizgiver said...

Most of our answers are matches. Wow!

Unknown said...

Garbage...that rings a bell.

Mine are ::here::.

Have a relaxed week.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated