Monday, October 27, 2008

Trisha & I went running


I'm not really a Budweiser swilling Nascar fan but I don't like posting about a run and the tunes I listened to without something on top here so I thought it would be appropriate to include a run-on sentence which explains that and at the same time sends out a special message to someone who raced against Top Gun Tom Maverick Cruise in the mucho classico 1990 film Days of Thunder, someone who, without a doubt, has THE funniest name in racing...

Happy Birthday, Dick Trickle!


TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Monday late morning Run: 21 min 07 sec
- 1:42

10:50 a.m. - 65°, kinda cloudy, too warm but not bad
X ·Oct :: +30 sec· X
September:3 hours 25 min
August:2 hours 39 min
July:2 hours 11 min
June:1 hour 47 min
May:4 hours 46 min

October... what happened in October? What the hell happened in October? I'm not even going to tally up my Total Time for the month, not until it's over -- it'll just be too depressing. I just don't know what happened.

Good run this morning... first in like 4 days. 4 days!? Well, that's better than what most of the month's been like.

All I can do, I guess, is look forward to November...

and not use music like I used today. UGH! It's a fine album that I listened to today but TOO SLOW for running. I swear I felt like I should stop and just crawl at times. Me needs a faster beat, faster than the ballads on this album. Toe-tapping country this ain't....

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR

PHONOGRAPH

Monday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...

Trisha Yearwood - Hearts In Armor (1992)
Trisha Yearwood

Hearts In Armor

1992
Wrong Side of Memphis
Nearest Distant Shore
You Say You Will
Walkaway Joe
Woman Walk The Line
Oh Lonesome You
Down On My Knees
For Reasons I've Forgotten
You Don't Have To Move
Hearts In Armor
I've always liked Trisha Yearwood's voice and I'm glad I finally got an album of hers into my ears. I especially like the songs here that she wrote or co-wrote. Oh... wait... no tunes here qualify. Why is that so often the way of Nashville? Good singers quite frequently rely on the words of others. I suppose that's why I prefer independent country artists, those who generally write their own songs! Anyway, this is still not bad and features, as writers and/or guest vocalists: Don Henley, Emmylou Harris, Keith Whitley, Matraca Berg and Beth Nielson Chapman.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 256 kbps dload @ Effie's Way 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 kbps mp3 download

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated