Wednesday, March 7, 2007

more spies stealing secrets

The Scarlet Clue (1945)

starring: Sidney Toler (for like the two dozenth time as this character)

World Famous Detective Charlie Chan gets involved in a case dealing with spies stealing radar technology. Number three son and number two assistant help piece together a clue or two and in the end, surprise, Charlie solves the case.

I was pretty sure when watching this that I've indeed seen it before. Of the dozens of Charlie Chan movies I decided to pick one of the few that I've seen in the past. Oh well. Unfortunately there's nothing too special about this but then again I'm not sure there's anything special about any Charlie Chan movie. They all, at least from what I know, seem to be pretty standard fare. Fortunately they're not too bad so even without a whole lotta story to work with, this was an okay hour or so. But the title has absolutely nothing at all to do with the content of the film. Hmmm.

What I'm wondering now, though, isn't it extremely politically incorrect to have a guy from Missouri playing a man from China?

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated