Friday, March 2, 2007

Has anybody seen a dog dyed dark green?

Third day in a row without a run. Why'm I so obsessed with running? I'm a hiker! I suppose it's a challenge that I'm taking on, a challenge in lieu of not really having one currently. Yeah, it's GREAT to get outside to run in hopes of not having a disease or cancer or some illness someday because I've gotten fat due to not giving a darn about my health . . . but running has taken the place of hiking, for the most part. I wanna hike more! AHHHHHH!!!! Perhaps it's God leading me to run for a future cause. I'm most definitely open to that, without even a millisecond of hesitation or doubt. So I'll keep running.

Today, though, I laced up the boots for nice hike till sunset.


some music:

The B-52's -- self-titled debut (1979) & Wild Planet (1980)

Planet Claire
There's A Moon In The Sky (Called The Moon)
Dance This Mess Around
Give Me Back My Man
Party Out Of Bounds
Devil In My Car
Lava
Hero Worship
6060-842
Downtown
Runnin' Around
Dirty Back Road
Strobe Light
52 Girls
53 Miles West Of Venus
Private Idaho
Quiche Lorraine
Rock Lobster
Planet Claire (Francois Kevorkian Mix)

It's kinda too bad these guys are like 50 years old now and not young and playing bars . . . or too bad that I never got to 'cause they are just fun! The album that got me into them many years ago was Cosmic Thing which was like 18 years ago. Unfortunately I never heard much of their older stuff until now and it's just great!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

It doesn't matter when you've discovered them, only that you have discovered them! The B52's are timeless fun. :)

I'm hoping to get up to Kate's Lazy Meadow Motel this summer - hopefully my husband and I can meet her although it sounds like the band is working on a new album.
check it out: http://www.lazymeadow.com

Thanks for posting on my blog!

Silent 3 said...

Yeah, The B-52s are great whenever you discover them. I happened to be quite keen on the punk/new wave/no wave/whatever ya want to call it scene in the 70's, so i actually have their first self-released single. (and the version of 52 girls on the flip side is fantastic).

I saw them at Temple University in Philly, and it was the "Legal Tender" tour. YOu know "Song for a future generation" where each band member introduces themself? That's how the show started, with all five lined up across the stage, singing to a pre-recorded track, and doing those silly introductions. Wonderful fun.

Also, my friend and I were sitting around backstage after the show, and Cindy Wilso walked over and asked where the dressing room was for the opening act (the translators). We pointed her in the appropriate direction and she walked in and said, "Hey you guys were really good."

I love it when established bands give enouragement to the new guys.

Natasha Paul Kh said...

Hi, i always learn new things and try to get updated. my love for pets care and animal got me in online searches and found new things. thanks

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated