Saturday, March 17, 2007

been far too long

Twas over 4 whole freakin' days since I last got on the trail. FOUR DAYS!?! But finally this afternoon that streak came to an end. Probably coulda gotten out yesterday evening, my calf felt okay then, but I wanted to give it one more nights rest just in case. But I got out this late afternoon!

Short hike -- only 1 hour 20 minutes

3 selections from...
Marlo Thomas & Friends: Thanks & Giving All Year Long

Benefit album for the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital . . .

The Mouse, The Bird and The Sausage -- David Hyde Pierce
The Thing About Generosity -- Marlo Thomas
Josie's First Allowance Day -- Rosie Perez

and . . .

The Neville Brothers ~ 2-12-86
(opened for the Grateful Dead)
Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center
Oakland, California
Fire On The Bayou, Africa, Run Joe, People Say,
Caravan, Sitting In Limbo, Fear Hate Envy Jealousy,
Go To The Mardi Gras-> New Suit,
Big Chief-> Smoke My Peace Pipe,
Hey Pocky Way

Josie's First Allowance Day by Rosie Perez a completely unexpected treasure, twas especially good and probably all on its own worth the price of the album. Then again, all proceeds went to the hospital so that in itself is a billion percent worth it!

Then onto my feature presentation. Pretty darn good opening show from the Neville Brothers! Had I been there way back when I woulda danced my butt off even before the Dead came on stage! Definitely worth the download!!

the Neville Brothers 2/12/86 is @ Archive.org
for listening or downloading

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated