Wednesday, March 28, 2007

a breeze!

Maybe I'm not making my advancements in running time difficult enough? Maybe that's not important! I'm completely satisfied with improving by small increments. And once again, this evening at sunset, I successfully added on again!

76 minutes on the trail...

Running Time -- 14 minutes & 49 seconds (+19 seconds)

Charlie Robison -- Life Of The Party (1998)

My Hometown
Loving County
Indianola
Molly's Blues
Arms Of Love
Poor Man's Son
You're Not The Best
Barlight
Waiting For The Mail
Don't Call Me A Fool
I Don't Feel That Way
Sunset Boulevard
+
Tennessee Jed -- Bruce Robison
Stella Blue -- Willie Nelson

So many people hate country music. Hey, that's their choice. There's a whole lot that ain't your typical NashVega$ Top 40 on the Country charts [stuff.] I think it's usually called "Alternative Country" when it doesn't get airplay. Charlie Robison's one of those dudes who gets slapped with that label. He writes his own tunes, for the most part, probably has a relationship with Nashville but he's Texas country for the 21st Century. This is good music! Fun to run to.

And then to close out the playlist, a couple GD covers. Charlie's brother Bruce does a great TN Jed and Willie's Stella Blue, well, I wasn't too thrilled with that, too much electric geetar, I thought. I'll give it another listen, though. Maybe it'll grow on me. Of course nothing can hold a candle to Jerry, but sometimes GD covers aren't too bad.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated