Saturday, April 5, 2008

There actually are mountains in Texas... just not here!

PhotoHunt is a good excuse for me to post something other than music/running. Photography's not a passion of mine but taking pictures is something that I used to casually enjoy. Kind of amazingly, these days I don't have a digital camera (yes, I'm behind the times ... sue me) and not having that many photographs from through the years, pickins are slim. Mayhaps one of these days I'll git me one of dem fancy electronic picture takin' machines and I'll be able to post some better shots. But it looks like I came up with something...
PhotoHuntthe theme for this week:
glass

The stated rule for Photo Hunt is:
"Post a photo, on your site, that best represents the theme."

Well, as someone who doesn't always care for rules,
I've decided to take some liberty with this week's theme.

(click images to see 'em bigger, if you'd like.)

Texas Panhandle... (or close to it) in early 1995 on a cross-
country
roadtrip of mine.
A smooth ride through the Texas Panhandle

Photo taken with a camera and the lens is made of glass...
and the view is through the [glass] windshield.

Texas flatness in the PanhandleMore flatness,
same road: U.S. Highway 84, between either Abilene & Lubbock or Lubbock & Clovis, New Mexico.


Oil wells this time, on the same road, possibly south of the other pictures, more towards Abilene?
A smooth ride through the Texas Panhandle

When taking these I must've been riding shotgun
while my friend Summer drove.

Great journey that was. A few more pics from that trip which I've posted
that you can see if you want --
Earth and Billy The Kid's gravesite...
also
my VW bus that I was traveling in.

7 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Very different take on the theme!

That is one flat country!

Anonymous said...

Those were nice shots! Mine is up as well. Hope to see you there!

Have a fabulous weekend.

Rick Rockhill said...

hey there...just stumbled on your blog, I'm enjoying it.

stop by and say hi sometime
-rick

Anonymous said...

cool! happy hunting! mine is up too.. have a nice weekend!

http://trearam.com/2008/04/05/photohunt1-glass/

Desert Diva said...

That's a long stretch of desolate road...

Anonymous said...

A great take on theme. I like it.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

funny take you should try digital it is fun nice to go on road trips w/ a friend

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated