Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just an Acca Dacca Run

No drama this morning from goings-on yesterday. Slept my butt off for about 12 hours and then was awakened this morning by my dog when he, HALF COVERED IN MUD, crazily pounced on my bed. How rude! Thanks, dog! At age 12.75, I thought Cassidy was too old for diggin' in the mud. Nope. When he was younger -- yeah, almost a pastime of his but still at this age? Yup. I can't recall a single instance last year but somethin' must've gotten him riled up. That's fine... but coming inside to jump on me... not so fine! Actually what am I gonna do?! Get mad at him? He's a dog!! Wash my comforter is all I could do but there was no point in getting mad at him. He might be an older dog but at times he's got those great moments of youthful playfulness in him. Very cool to see.

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Colombia, Paraguay, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!the snow is still melting on the trail
and it's way too slushy for running... so still indoors.
Tuesday Morning Run: 19 minutes 40 seconds+6 sec
XXXXXXXX++++++· 02 sec ·++++++XXXXXXXX
Run Time April:3 hours 31 minutes
March:3 hours57 minutes
February:3 hours11 minutes

If only there were 31 days this month. Dang it. I'm running out of time to eclipse my Total Run Time for March... I need TWO runs today or tomorrow if I don't want to fail in my objective. I don't want to fail in my objective. Got one run done this morning shortly after waking up and eating a little breakfast. Roughly 36 hours to go -- 24 considering 12 of those I'll be working -- to accomplish two more runs. Hmmm, technically one of those runs could just be like 7½ minutes and I'll pass my March time. But that would almost be like cheating. My idea was to pass my previous month's time using only regular, full runs. But would it really be cheating? Would I truly be cheating myself? Hmmm....... I just don't know.

In any case, my 2nd run in two days, my 3rd in four days -- didn't go too badly. I keep saying that shortly after running, sort of putting aside the fact that if there's any problem from a run, it'll emerge like 24 hours later. Well, for now I feel fine and actually better than fine considering how running makes me feel. It's such a horrible thing that I often dread doing... but the results are so beneficial that I really don't know why more people don't put themselves through it in order to enjoy the outcome that I know I do.

PHONOGRAPH

Running tunes came
from the album of the day...
AC/DC - T.N.T. [CD cover] (1975)AC/DC

T.N.T.

1975

It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)
Rock 'n' Roll Singer
The Jack
Live Wire
T.N.T.
Rocker
Can I Sit Next To You, Girl?
High Voltage
School Days

I am so not a big fan of "Acca Dacca"... but when it comes to using music for running, almost anything goes... so I thought I'd give an album of theirs a listen.

My first time pressing play on this a few days ago, one of my first thoughts, aside from the interesting bag pipes on the first song (bag pipes and AC/DC?!), was -- wow, this almost all sounds the same, from one song to the next. The guys in AC/DC had talent but they weren't very creative, were they? Just doesn't seem like it.

I've never heard their debut from the year before this; supposedly that's significantly different than what followed from them. This second album is when they really started to develop the general sound that most people know them by.

And as far as the bag pipes go, I guess that's just (lead singer) Bon Scott incorporating some of his Scottish roots into the first track here. I guess that was creative and definitely interesting (as seen in the video below.)

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE download AC/DC: T.N.T @ 320 kbps 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
mp3 free rapidshare
Bag pipes!
Filmed on Swanston Street, Melbourne, Victoria.
Apparently this is a classic AC/DC video from 1976. I dig seein' the street scene...
I love Melbourne and when I was there I rode the same tram lines
on Swanston/St. Kilda Road, from downtown to the beach and back...
me and millions of other people... but hey, I still think it's cool.

1 comment:

scgypsy said...

Don Coleman, Canada's Premiere AC/DC Vocalist, has recorded a song to celebrate the life and spirit of Bon Scott former frontman for AC/DC. The song 'Women, Whiskey & Rock'n'Roll' has been airing daily in Australia on the Rebel FM Network (40 stations is Queensland / NSW ) plus two stations near Fremantle, Western Australia - where there was a concert to unveil a statue of Bon Scott - PERTH 107.3 FM and 89.7 FM on weekly shows. Each day there are more Australian, Canadian and American FM Stations coming onboard to air the song.

The song launched on WRUW FM 91.1 in Cleveland, Ohio ( home of the R&R Hall of Fame) complete with an on air interview with Don Coleman, on a show dedicated to the memory of Bon Scott. Also on the show where Susan Masino, published author of 'Let There Be Rock' a book on Bon and AC/DC, and President of the Bon Scott Fan Club, Doug Thorncroft, who both love the song. The song aired on the Newcap FM Network on K-Rock 105.5 in Charlottetown, PEI, along with an interview with Don, as well as FM Stations in St. John 98.9 FM (morning and afternoon 'drive time' programs), NB and Moncton 106.1 FM, NB, Canada. Most recently it aired on C103 FM Moncton on their "Indie Files Show" plus several Internet FM Radio Stations. BBC2 and another English FM Network are scheduled to start airing the song soon as is a station in Minnesota, USA. Don will be doing more media interviews with various FM Stations & Music Magazines.

Other notable reviews came from Vince Lovegrove ( former bandmate of Bon's in the 'Valentines'), Aussie Legend - Kevin Borich, 'Angels' drummer Buzz Bidstrup who performed at the concert to unveil the statue, in their re-formed band the 'Party Boys'. They all think the song is a 'ripper'. I received a request for the song from longtime friend of Bon and longtime bassist for Ozzy Osbourne, Bob Daisley who thinks Don did a great job on the song.

Don has been receiving many offers from : England, Scotland, Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the USA, to front many bands and to tour.

You can listen to the song by visiting the dedicated site at www.myspace.com/doncoleman .

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated