Sunday, April 13, 2008

Jus' Gettin' My Sunday Nite Run On with the Hoodoos

When they come for you, do you ever jus' wanna tell them -- "Hey, come on, I'm sick and tired of your anal probes... I'm still healing from the last one. Please, abduct some other human tonight and give me a few days off, would ya?! Besides, all this interplanetary travel, it really wrecks a guys hair-do! I pay Serge some serious coinage for this coif!"

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Colombia, Paraguay, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!

Sunday Night Run: 19 minutes 6 seconds+5 sec
· indoors ·
XXXXXXXX+++++++ 42 sec +++++++XXXXXXXX
Run Time March:1 hour 34 minutes
March:3 hours57 minutes
February:3 hours11 minutes

Every 3 days is what it is for April? Not good enough... but better than nothing. Problem is it's gonna take me forever to get to that magical plateau of 20 minutes. Wow, and then from 20 minutes to what? To 25 and 30 ... that'll take another forever! Oh joy.

At least I'm not having any problems with my body and these runs. Holding up fine. 19 minutes isn't easy... but not like it would be if I smoked or weighed 250 pounds, that's for sure. Now if I can get my weight down that 10% I'd really like to, I bet runnin' would be a whole bunch easier! Ahhh, but that's just so difficult when one loves food as I do. Crap! Oh well. Still I will live by the sayin' or something like it -- Better than nothing [this running is.]

Strangeness in temperatures means a slushy trail during the day; too wet for trail running. I'm not a road runner so still inside. Still. Still. Still... absolutely not thrilled with that but eh, gotta do what ya gotta do, right?

Gym is open until 9 on Sunday nights which is so perfect for that last of the week run... even though the week technically starts on Sunday, psychologically Sunday night's when it comes to an end and a Sunday night run is a great way to finish a week before launching into a new one. Yup. Me says so so's it must be true! Well, bottom line is -- I ran! Not Tehran. I ran.

PHONOGRAPHRunning tunes came
from the album of the day...

Hoodoo Gurus - Stoneage Romeos [cover] (1983, debut)Hoodoo Gurus

Stoneage Romeos

1983 debut

[2005 re-release]
(Let's All) Turn On
I Want You Back
Arthur
Death Ship
Dig It Up
My Girl
Zanzibar
Leilani
Tojo
In The Echo Chamber
I Was A Kamikaze Pilot
Leilani Pt. 2
Be My Guru
Hoodoo You Love (Live)


It's been quite a freakin' while since I've listened to The Hoodoo Gurus. What a great mix of sorta surf punk and "alternative" college garage rock power pop... something in there and there abouts incorporating each of those in some way, shape or form. Yeah. This band from Sydney (not Nova Scotia) definitely had a unique kitchy sound that's this oddball grand mixture of Wall of Voodoo, INXS, The Ramones, R.E.M., Midnight Oil and a smidgen of a dozen other bands of the era all wackily rolled into The Hoodoo Gurus. Twasn't until around '89/90 when I got into them. Had grabbed all their previous CDs (long, long, long since pawned for concert ticket & travel money) and they were always featured right alongside all that great music from the time that I had in my once sprawling collection. Ahhh, to have stacks and racks of CDs that everyone wanted to rummage through for their next party... yup, those they were the days. Anyway, good to give this album a bunch of listens again. Definitely lookin' forward to future plays of their other stuff!

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE Find a dload @ Infinite Foolishness 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
Look for a download @ Ausrock

1 comment:

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

Was there ever a better song than "I want you back"

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated