Friday, April 25, 2008

Just a Friday Nite Run with RSJ

Crickey! All day we hovered, yes, hovered just above freezing, yes, that cold, just above freezing. Brrrr!!!! What happened to the beautifully springtime temps we had for a little while there? WHERE'D THEY GO?!?!??! I dunno... but they're gone for now.

One interesting thing as we leave mid-April and head towards May -- even at 10:40 p.m. there's still light in the sky. Darkness will be here soon but the days are REALLY long again. I hadn't even really noticed until after work tonight. Straight from work I had gone to the Rec Center for a run, and after I finished, I walked back out to my truck and turned on the ignition to pollute the atmosphere and when I went to turn my headlights on, I looked out the windshield and thought that I could drive home without them. That was around an hour ago. Headlights so not needed because there's enough light to see the road clearly enough without 'em. Kinda cool! Why hadn't I even noticed this lately? Beats me.

Now it's Friday night and if I can wrap this post up before 11-11:15, I've gotta decide on whether or not to head back out for a Guinness or two. Hmmm.... beer is never needed... but I worked 12 hours, I got a run in.... would be nice to see who's at the bar, kick back and down a few, maybe play some pool..... hmmm....

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Colombia, Paraguay, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!· indoors... the trail is wayyyyyy tooo slushy! ·
Friday Nite After Work Run: 19 minutes 21 sec+5 sec
XXXXXXXX++++++· 21 sec ·++++++XXXXXXXX
Run Time April:2 hours 32 minutes
March:3 hours57 minutes
February:3 hours11 minutes

4 days since my last run!? Something's not right with me this month. I don't think I've put a string of two days together with a run. What the heck's up with that? Oh well. At least I am getting some runs in.

Not the easiest time tonight. Not sure why but a good guess might be because my runs aren't occurring slightly more often. Minor burning in the quads, minor aching/suffering of the the lungs and cardiovascular system. Still I was able to make it around the track enough times to reach my desired running time for tonight.

Slowly working my way towards 20 minutes... but I'm not so sure I can reach my goal for April -- BAD CHRIS! Shoot. Will make me feel like I failed... but I'll have to see what I can do about mentally erasing that thought and setting a goal for May.

PHONOGRAPHRunning tunes came
from the album of the day...
Rebecca St. James - Pray [cover] (1998)Rebecca St. James

Pray

1998

Pray
OK
Give Myself Away
Hold Me Jesus
I'll Carry You
Come Quickly Lord
Peace
Mirror
Lord, You're Beautiful
Love To Love You
Omega ... Be Thou My Vision [hidden track]

Love this album from RSJ. There are no really fast-paced songs on here but at the same time almost nothing that qualifies as a ballad either. Not that ballads are bad but too many of them can make an album, especially a Christian album, too fluffy. Last thing I wanna be hearing is a Christian album that's too soft... not that too soft is bad music... just not for me. This is closer to louder and faster with nearly an "alternative" sound at times. God is always first and foremost in all her songs; no ambiguous lyrics here like the writing of some other Christian artists. But while Ms. St. James puts a message about God right out there, it doesn't feel too over-the-top preachy. Wow, an ideal mixture? Maybe. Good stuff!!

Jesus freak Hideout has a quick review for more reading.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a dload @ Música Cristã MP3 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated