Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brrrrrr Fogerty Run

Weekend. NJ Devils lost in the playoffs again. They make it there like every year but success just ain't guaranteed. Worst thing is they lost to the NY Rangers. No one worse to lose to.

NY Mets are doin' well... or at least better. Always good to beat the Phillies! Always good to beat anyone.

This is boring... even to me. I think I'm lazy. To blog about heavy, important subjects I'm just not often into... not that heavy, important subjects aren't on my mind. They are. A lot, especially since so many people just don't give a crap about the world and doing something to help out. Others have gotta pick up the slack... for the slackers, and do more caring about things like...

like the fact that China still sucks. And North Korea has not disarmed yet even though they said they would. Hmmm... did people really think they would? I had some hope but I'm not surprised they haven't ... no one should be surprised they haven't. Maybe one day they'll be dangerous to humans other than their own citizens. Same thing with Iran. But neither should be allowed to get that far. Of course some people think John McCain will be bombing Iran if he is elected President... total B.S. because he has never stated that; the idea is a liberal fabrication to make McCain look like another warmonger.

Fact o' the matter is Iran needs to be stopped from developing nuclear weapons and diplomacy ain't working. That happens in the world when a world leader wants to spit in the rest of the world's face. That's exactly what Ahmadinejerk is doing. I fear that if a Democrat is elected President, nothing will get accomplished when it comes to Iran and then one morning we're going to wake up to learn Israel doesn't exist anymore because they had a little nuclear genocidal cleansing courtesy of Iran. That's not okay.

But I can't do nothin' about it myself... so I went running this morning... and way too early in the morning. Been back for almost an hour now; all clean and rested and aching I am.

Decided to skip driving a few miles to Rec Center at the University or to the gym, and then having to drive back, and went down to the end of my road and hit the trail that runs near my house. I'm not even gonna check when my last time running outside was -- December maybe? Long freakin' time ago. If I ran on the road I'd have been able to spend time running outdoors a bunch of times this year... but I'm a trail runner and so it's either been too slushy or just too darn cold out. 25 ain't too bad for 20 minutes so out I went. Ahhhhh... and brrrrrrrr!!!! Huge difference from running on a track inside when the temperature's like 72 degrees. Zoinks! Wasn't quite ready for this but gotta start getting into it again eventually. Today was eventually. Because of weather making the trail so sloppy, I don't think I'll be outside often over the next month... but this morning it was a good thing. Yes. Good. Yes....... good.

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Colombia, Paraguay, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!first time outdoors since December?
25° (-4 C)
Saturday Morning Run: 19 minutes 10 seconds+4 sec
XXXXXXXX++++++· -6 sec ·++++++XXXXXXXX
Run Time April:1 hour 54 minutes
March:3 hours57 minutes
February:3 hours11 minutes

First time running in 5½ days -- BAD!!!!!!!! Way too long to go between runs, idiot. I just don't know where the week went.

Not an easy run -- partially because my lungs were seemingly en fuego and my thighs -- my quads -- man, they were not liking what I was doing to them. About four or five times I had to completely push myself to keep going and not just quit. Oi! I made it, though. When the trail is nice, fine and dandy in the summer and fall, I can turn around and finish right at my door practically ... not with the snow. Couldn't find a good spot to turn around and thus my walk back was much longer than I would have liked -- and my quads HATED me for it.

But I got my run in. To be able to reach a total time for April that eclipses March is not looking like a possibility right now. Not good. We'll see. For now I'm just glad to be back inside. It was so freakin' cold out there but with a fresh log thrown in the wood-burning stove, tis a nice morning by the fire ... and I think I'll take a nap soon to rest this achin' body o' mine.

PHONOGRAPHRunning tunes came
from the album of the day...

John Fogerty - The Blue Ridge Rangers [cover] (1973, debut)John Fogerty

The Blue Ridge
Rangers


1973 debut

[1994 CD re-release]

Blue Ridge Mountain Blues
Somewhere Listening (To My Name)
You're The Reason
Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
She Thinks That I Still Care
California Blues (Blue Yodel #4)
Workin' On A Building
Please Help Me, I'm Falling
Have Thine Own Way, Lord
I Ain't Never
Hearts Of Stone
Today I Started Loving You Again


Fascinating material. How does a guy from Berkeley become a country music singer? I've never really listened to a lot of Creedence Clearwater Revival... and I've never heard a John Fogerty album until just a few days ago when I gave this a couple listens for the first time. I know a bunch of CCR's music and I know Fogerty's Centerfield (the song) very well, but was oblivious to the rest. Here's John with his post-CCR solo debut, an album on which he played all the instruments but wrote none of the songs. What this is -- a loooooong way from Berkeley, that's what this is. I like it just fine, good stuff here, well done. It'll be interesting to eventually play his 2nd album and see if he's kept this Tennessee country music sound or progressed to something else, a sound that's more rock and roll.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE 320 kbps dload @ Back On The Road 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE

6 comments:

Laserman said...

Hey ZB

Thank you for sharing this HQ John Fogerty album. Do you have the password for the rar file?

John aka Laserman

Claire said...

Let us hope that Israel will drop a bomb or two first in their own defense. Imadinnerjacket needs to stopped but it's unlikely that the American people will wise up to this anytime soon. Yer right -nothing we can do about it...

Folly said...

To quote Jack Sparrow, "You need find yourself a girl, mate." :)

Zoooma said...

laserman -- you're welcome and password is on the linked page!

claire -- thanks for stoppin' by! let us first hope no bombs needed to ever be dropped! It'll be up to America to stop Iran and you're probably right, the American, in general, won't wise up; they're too concerned about themselves than some war in the world not involving us. Selfishness reigns supreme. "Screw them, I need my American Idol and my happiness." ???

folly -- a girl, you say? why's that? there are the obvious reasons: so she can do my laundry and wash my dishes, stuff like that...

Laserman said...

Hey ZB
For me, the link does not lead to a page. It links to the rar file at rapidshare. I have right-clicked the link & checked the properties but I only see a rapidshare link. Do you have the PW or the address of the page where it can be found? Thanks, John

Zoooma said...

Hey John, you know what? My mistake, sorry, man!

I had assumed that the link I posted was to the person's post with that album... like I kind of often do when I don't post my own stuff up...

but duh, I inputed the wrong link, sort of, I mean the link would work just fine if that person did use passwords....

ANYWAY, it's: matt-o-rach

(and if you wanna check out the website it's from, I changed to the right link.)

Sorry again, man. Have a great day & enjoy the Fogerty!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated