Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mutter -> Work ... Still WAY Cold!!!

Yay, I'm so stoked, it's 8:30 pm and I've got to go to work.
A 24 Hour shift, 9 p.m. until 9 p.m. Sunday night.
Woohoo. I am so thrilled. Yay.

Sarcasm.

But it's a paycheck and being in EMS is a good job, and I got my sleep in today so I'm ready to go.

Unfortunately it's 36 degrees below zero. For about one glorious hour today we went a couple degrees warmer than -20 (like -28 C.) I imagine overnight it'll drop down below -40 again. This is one heckuva cold spell, I tell ya what. Probably been about 5 days now that we've seen -15 F as a High Temperature, oh, maybe twice, maybe three times at most. -15. Unbelievable.

Actually, it's quite believable for here this far north this time o' the year. I'm just complaining because I haven't had the desire to go to the gym for awhile so that I can run. Without running... well, it's just not good. As much as I hate running, I love what it does to keep me healthy! If I'm here next winter, I'm buying a freakin' treadmill!

Anyway, hopefully I can finish this before my shift starts...

from LunaNina.com... this meme is called: Unconscious MutteringsUnconscious Mutterings


a free association game -- I say ... and you think ... ?

1. Score :: Baseball cards ... it was a new brand that came out, I don't know when, like 1987-ish? I've still got boxes of them that I haven't dragged to Alaska with me, down at my dad's house. Unfortunately I sold all the star cards a lonnnnng time ago for much needed cash at the time. Without those cards, that makes a few thousand cards now worth maybe nothing. Hopefully someday I'll bring 'em into a card shop to see or else they'll be sent to wherever the garbagemen take the trash in their big noisy trucks.

2. Luxurious :: Movie stars ... I'm sure that any who make beyond a million dollars a year, they've got it pretty sweet as far as luxurious living goes. And how great it is of them to buy $10 million dollar homes and stay in hotel rooms that cost $1,000 a night when children in the world starve to death because they don't have any substantial food to eat? Yay movie stars!

3. Party :: P Diddy Puff Daddy I do believe has been known to throw a few that cost a few bucks. Another selfish millionaire. Yay.

4. Limited edition :: One of a kind ... does anyone really need the Limited Edition of something? "Oh my God, I've just got to have it, it's the Limited Edition!!!" Yeah, whatever.

5. Security :: blanket ... Linus! Just earlier I watched A Charlie Brown Valentine ... it stunk, mostly, compared to the Thanksgiving one and especially the Christmas one... and Linus didn't have his blanket. So me watching the show doesn't really have much to do with the word "Security" but I was happy to be watching Charlie Brown!

6. Betty ::
Boop ... I'm actually disappointed that I didn't think of Betty Rubble first, maybe because of the alliteration in Betty Boop.

7. Under construction :: I-95 ... America's main east coast north to south highway, probably almost 2,000 miles, from the beautiful state of Maine to the bottom of Florida. I haven't been on it in a few years but in the past I've been on it maybe a 100 times and there's ALWAYS construction somewhere on the freakin' thing.

8. Pest :: Bug

9. Director :: Steven Spielberg ... does anyone not know who this is?

10. Express :: Isn't that a clothes store for women? I think I bought a skirt there once... for a girlfriend for Christmas. Not for me. I don't wear skirts. Anymore. I mean there was that one period of time, oh wait, I can't talk about it on orders from the CIA. Nevermind.
Linus from Peanuts

5 comments:

Happy the Cashier said...

I miss my old baseball cards. I had a suitcase full, all carefully sorted into teams and years.

Kwizgiver said...

Hey, I watched the Charlie Brown special, too! And I was disappointed.

I didn't think of Betty Boop or Rubble, I thought of my old Archie comics--Betty & Veronica.

We're gonna dip down into the negative temps again, too. brrrrr.

Hope your 24 hour shift isn't too... too.
~Allison

GUYK said...

Yeah, this is the time of year we drove down to Anchorage just to go shopping and warm up!

afterthegoldrush said...

You so crazy! That's why I visit daily. I enjoy the company of like companions.

Anonymous said...

Interesting answers... Have a nice day...

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated