Sunday, February 24, 2008

Running With Shannon McNally

Finally I got to the gym late tonight... first time in almost a week? What the hell is wrong with me?! A person's health is too important to not get exercise. Here I've been, aside from work, sittin' on my ass for the most part, for about a week now. Pathetic. I just have them inject me with Diabetes now. Why not?! Heart disease, too, while you're at it. Got any cancer on special? Thanks.

Got to start running more often than this!

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh probably never went running in Bolivia.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Monday After Work Run: 17 minutes 27 seconds
(+5)
· indoors ·
XXXXXXXX+++++++ 31 sec +++++++XXXXXXXX
Run Time February:2 hours16 minutes
January:2 hours56 minutes

First time in a week and bahhhhh, that was horrible!!!!! HORRIBLE!!!! Gotta look to the positive, though -- I pushed myself, I did not quit despite hearing myself tell myself to quit like a dozen times. "What does it matter" that little antagonistic voice says. What does it matter? Why be unhealthy?!?! So I persisted, I took my mind off of the negativity and ran onward around the stoopid indoor track. My end cue sounded and I was stooped over, hands on knees, sucking in air, looking for normality again. I knew it would happen soon enough... but that was not easy.

Good thing -- I made it. Back in my house, showered, resting, already looking forward to running tomorrow!

Running tunes from
the album of the day...


Shannon McNally - GeronimoShannon McNally

Geronimo


2005





The Worst Part Of A Broken Heart
Miracle Mile
Sweet Forgiveness
Geronimo
Pale Moon
The Hard Way
Beautiful And Strange
Tennessee Blues
Weathervane
Leave Your Bags By The Door
In The Name Of Us, Honey
Lovin' In My Baby's Eyes

Hempstead on New York's Long Island -- without a doubt where I would go to find great country music! Nashville? Texas? Fahhhgetabouutiiit. Lawng Eyelind's where ya gotta go! That's where Shannon McNally's from and that's probably why she's such a great singer-songwriter. There aren't many of those in Nashville. The mainstream country music industry pumps out of a lot of successful artists... but so often there are the performers and there are the writers... and very seldom the twain meets in one person. Leave the realm of mainstream Nashville and find the artists who don't make music for big country labels or to get radioplay or to win big time awards from the Country Music Association, and that's where you're gonna find the best quality country, methinks. Not there's anything wrong with Martina McBride and Brad Paisley, they're fine, but stuff like that which Shannon McNally has put out on this album -- mmmm, damn fine music! For a "professional" review, check out the one at AllMusic Guide.

music note 256 kbps dload @ DeaconBlues1103CW music note

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated