Friday, February 1, 2008

A Planetshaking Run

I got nothin'.

Worked yesterday. Off today.
Three 12 hour shifts this week. Four next week.
Same ol' same ol'. Yay.

Still snowing. Been comin' down lightly,
not accumulating much but constantly falling.
Like 24 hours of snowfall... and we're still Below zero.
Can't remember when we were above... days ago.

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh probably never went running in Bolivia.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Friday's Run: 16 minutes 52 seconds(+0)
·indoors·

Really shoulda gone for a run after my shift was over at 9 last night but nope... went out for a cocktail or two. That sounds weird since I don't drink cocktails, I drink beer. I don't just drink beer, I drink real beer... had me a couple pints of Guinness, threw some darts, enjoyed just relaxin' and kickin' it with my work partner for the day and some other folks out at the bar.

Got a run in this morning. Hallelujah!!! First run since Monday morning. I feel like I really screwed up in January with not running as much as I wanted to. Stoopid idiot. Oh well. Can't go back and change it. Just gotta use this first day of a new month to start fresh, to strive for a much better month of running than the past three. No way in hell I'm gonna go hiking in February (with the extreme cold and snow depth on the trail) so all my concentration will be focused on running.

This morning was fairly easy. I still can't figure out why sometimes I have a hellish run and sometimes it ain't all that bad.

I should've added on time today but opted for a run very close to my last one... and, in fact, I was able to, on my first try, time a playlist with the exact same time as Monday.

Took it slow, I did. Felt good. No idea what my Mile Time was, no idea what my Distance was. Paying attention to those things I simply don't do. Since I am naturally a trail runner who runs on an unmarked trail, this move indoors for the winter hasn't made me want to figure out Mile Time or Distance. Just stickin' to what I always do - not caring and just aiming to extend my runs a little bit each (or almost every) time out.

Back for about an hour now, showered, clean, feelin' awesome!!!

Running tunes from
the album of the day...52 sec


from Melbourne, AustraliaPlanetshakers

Open Up The Gates

2002





Open Up The Gates
Rescue Me
You Are Holy
It's All About Jesus
Worship The King
My Passion
Everything To Me
Reason I Live
All I Want Is You
How I Love You


Pretty rockin' praise and worship from Down Under. I guess Planetshakers is the name of a church in Melbourne, Queensland and Planetshakers is also the name of their band. They've got a great sound, that's for sure. For the most part, what's here is a very cool "alternative" feel with plenty of guitar, a lot of music on the louder side, music that makes me want to turn the volume up. There are also a few slower songs on the album that will appeal to listeners who want a slightly softer adult contemporary sound. A couple of those still have a bit of an edge, still have a full sound to them, but the pace is cut in half on those. Overall a sweet album that was great to run to (well, to 4 of the songs) and I'm definitely lookin' forward to more from Planetshakers in the future!

128 kbps dload @ Música Cristã MP3

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated