Friday, February 15, 2008

VH Run I but listening to II

Today was a day when the Earth kept spinning... like every day. The "warm" temperatures have subsided and we're back to winter. There's so much more light now, I've noticed. Wasn't too long, it seems, that the sun would rise at 9 or 10 a.m. and never really pop up all that much above the horizon. No real sun today because of snow and clouds, but a lot of light now as we slide into the last month of what's technically winter. But back to colder temps. As the day went on... it got colder, not warmer, plunging, after the sun went down, to a bitter -17° (-27 C.) When you've been enjoying 14° (-10 C,) -17 sucks.

Then when you have to deal at work with a meth addicted 21 year old mommy who can't properly care for her 2 children while her husband is away for weeks at a time in the Arctic oil fields-- yay, life's grand!

At least I got a run in right after work. More of having to drive to the gym or the University Rec Center for this indoor crap on a track... but it's better than nothin'!

All cleaned up and relaxed now, feelin' great. As soon as I post this I'm out the door... meeting up with friends, the enjoying of a pitcher while playing some pool... despite the drop in temp and the crap day at work, gonna be a good night!

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh probably never went running in Bolivia.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!

Friday after work Run: 17 minutes 15 seconds
(+3)
· indoors ·
XXXXXXXX+++++++ 24 sec +++++++XXXXXXXX
Run Time February:1 hour24 minutes
January:2 hours56 minutes

Swell run. Yes, swell. Made my time just fine and dandy, yes sir. Great tunes set the pace. A little winded after I stopped, took a moment to gather my breath, walked a lap and started feeling better in no time. I think if I typed this as it happens, which, of course, is impossible, my thoughts would be somewhat different... not so positive. Running blows chunks. It's not easy. After I get back to my house, I'm showered and clean and resting and breathing normally, and feeling great, it's so much easier to be positive about something which is kinda hellish at the time. This is why it's worth it! This and how it helps me be a healthier person, of course. Tis a shame more people don't partake.

Running tunes from
the album of the day...


Van Halen II, recorded in 1978, released in 1979, with Diamond David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Michael Anthony, and Alex Van Halen.Van Halen

Van Halen II

recorded in 1978
released in '79




You're No Good
Dance The Night Away
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Bottoms Up!
Outta Love Again
Light Up The Sky
Spanish Fly
D.O.A.
Women In Love
Beautiful Girls

I don't think I've ever heard this... no... wait... I'm pretty sure I have heard this album before... at least 20 years ago! Wow. Does that mean I'm getting old? Pretty good stuff, though! Dance The Night Away used to get a fair amount of radio play back in the day. Everything else is just those other songs on the album that so few people ever hear. Glad I heard 'em again. Really a trip back in time... but at the same time this is timeless stuff, great rock and roll... not quite heavy metal, not quite... whatever. Eddie Van Halen on guitar -- fun to listen to. Diamond David Lee Roth was one heckuva singer with these songs. Apparently they're out on tour right now? Man, no way they can be as good as back in the day. I'd probably rather just dig the albums than see 'em live nowadays... but that's just me. In any case -- I've really gotta play more Halen 'cause this is gold!


music note 128 kbps dload @ walldill music note

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated