Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dead Dog on a Bus


Grateful Dead Summer Tour 1995, 7/7/95 a.k.a. 7-7-95 - Springfield, Illinois - wearing a tie-dye t-shirt, cool little Dead Dog on a VW Bus
(unfortunately kinda blurry but click to see bigger, if you wish)

Looking through the very few photos
that I possess anymore... I saw this one
and thought I'd post it up.

I don't especially care for little football dogs
(yappy pint-sized dogs you can punt halfway down a field)
or dogs wearing clothing!
but this little guy in tie-dye was pretty cool
just chillin' on top of someone's bus.

Grateful Dead Summer Tour 1995



Springfield, Illinois
7/7/95
This was at a campground on the edge of Springfield on the day
between the Riverport shows (near St. Louis, Missouri)
and the final two Grateful Dead shows
at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois.

A jammin' funkin' groovy GD cover band played that night.
There's not a whole lot I remember...
I dosed the second we entered the park.
But I took a few pics right after getting there.

All I wanted to do here was post a couple pics but now there's more... Kinda surreal recalling this now ... no one knew that there would only be a mere two more days left with life existing as so many of us had known it for oh so long. It's difficult to put into words how I'm feeling thinking about this right now; it boils down to... it's like I'm again in disbelief. Only two more days and that would be it as far as traveling to shows and seeing all the Heads who've driven from one end of the country to the other just to hear the boys play. "Yeah, we mailordered, no way we'd be missing shows at Soldier," I can imagine hearing someone say to me. It was probably not too long after this that I mailordered for some shows on the 1995 Fall Tour... tickets today buried in a box, maybe never to be seen again. A sad memory. But what great times there were!

There's a band out on the highway.
They're high-steppin' into town.
They're a rainbow full of sound.
It's fireworks, calliopes and clowns --

Everybody's dancing.

Grateful Dead Steal Your Face

My bus is the red & white '67 on the right.

(click the pic to see it plenty bigger)
Grateful Dead Summer Tour 1995, Springfield, Illinois - VW buses at the between-shows campground

5 comments:

btsacto said...

Cool memories. My last Dead show was in '94. They were "on" that night and it leaves great memories.

Zoooma said...

Heya btsacto, how are ya? Hope you're well.

If you might be interested in a particular show, feel free to let me know. I can't promise I'll definitely get it and if I do get it, I can't promise to post it anytime very soon ... but I can promise to see what I can do!

Peace,
Chris

Kwizgiver said...

Love the dog. I am fond of football dogs. ;-)

Loved your trip down memory lane!

Sam said...

The picture of your bus just made me very sad and nostalgic. Thanks for sharing it man.

Anonymous said...

I'm listening to 3/24/90 on gdradio.net and the jam out of Terrapin(Inspiration, move me brightly!) is titled Mud Love Buddy. I searched it and rambled thru listings and came upon your site. Anyhow, the jam reminds me of one of my fave Phish tunes- Waste. Like most shows from this era and tour specifically- it's great! Peace, Tom

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated