Monday, October 8, 2007

Running - From Down Under to The Cross


_
· Run Time --- 8 minutes 0 seconds


__· Temperature -- 26ºF (-3ºC)

__
· Total Trail Time --
63 minutes

· Trail Time in October -- 5 hours 23 minutes

____(starting Oct. 1)
· Weight Loss Goal -- 24 pounds (11 kg)
· So Far -- 2 lb.

Very cold run a few hours ago this afternoon. 26/-3 was the high temperature all day, I think. Felt so good! When I hit my cue to end my run, today I did not have to stop in place and put hands on knees, gasping, recovering. Nope, twas able to keep walkin' ahead. So this is getting easier. Eight minutes is practically a joke but it's something and it's a new start on upwards towards who knows what.

Trail conditions were not quite dry and not perfectly stable. The snow has somewhat melted under what sun there's been. Then the sub-freezing temps have refrozen some of the melt into little icy patches. And then more flakes would come down between the periods of sun and blue sky which would create a nice layer that's a little more stable. With each step I knew that I'd have to take extra care and crank my balance awareness up about 25 notches. No problems thankfully.

Now a few hours later, cleaned, rested, napped, ate, and it's not the end of the world as we know it... but Iiiiii feeeel fiiiiiine!

Los tunes del trail...



Paul Colman

Let It Go

2005






Always
Symphony Of The Redeemed
Sweet River
My Brother Jack
Last Night In America
Holding Onto You
I Owe It All
Nothing Without You
I'm Coming Home
The One Thing
Gloria (All God's Children)


What a great album from this Nashville-based singer originally from Melbourne, Queensland. In the past I have heard at least one song, maybe two, from the Paul Colman Trio and it's been good stuff. This CD is his first post-Trio solo album from a couple years ago. Never once is the music too foofy which often happens with Christian tunes. Sometimes an artist pushes to no edge whatsoever and the music turns out to be comfortable enough for the pastor's grandma (like the last Christian album I listened to.) Not that there's anything wrong with that kind of music -- it's just not for me. Here Paul Colman steams through a bunch of sounds, some a little lighter, but others definitely have some edgyness. While listening I thought of U2 a little, who Paul might draw some musical inspiration from. It's great to put together such good sounds with nothing but great lyrics. Music like this truly helps to keep me close to God. He's never actually far away from me but Christian tunes like this inspire me for more, and to be closer when I'm just seemingly drifting along. It's just too bad there aren't more albums like this.

192 kbps dload found @ Ahumba..

And I finished the trail up to my front door with:


Bob Dylan:
House Of The Risin' Sun
Talkin' New York
Pretty Peggy-O

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated