Thursday, October 4, 2007

81 Shopping Days Left. Go To The Mall Now!


Yes sir, another day when the temperature never got higher than about the upper 30's (around 3-4°C.) I love weather, particularly Fall days like this! Unfortunately I did not hike, did not run... but at least I'm not injured! Just a day off from the trail due to work and rest. Lookin' forward to gettin' back on the trail tomorrow. NEED MORE EXERCISE! I was dreading running again but now I'm dyin', dyin' I tell ya, to push my times back up. Will take some time to get up there, and a lot of time before I'm seriously contemplating the '09 London Marathon. A long time to train for that.

But in the meantime... it's always a good time for Christmas tunes! Some of these really brought me back. Growing up I'm sure I heard many of them many many times over. I could type all kinds of good memories but I'm so tired and need sleep so... on with the music!






Christmas With The Stars


[made in Holland. 1998/1999]







White Christmas - Bing Crosby
Jingle Bells - Rosemary Clooney
Silent Night - Mahalia Jackson
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - Bing Crosby & Ella Fitzgerald
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Frank Sinatra
Please Come Home For Christmas - The Platters
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - The Drifters
Mrs. Santa Claus - Nat King Cole
Have Yourself A Merry Christmas - Rosemary Clooney
The First Noel - Pat Boone
Oh Come All Ye Faithful - Bing Crosby
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
Silver Bells - Rosemary Clooney & Bing Crosby
Winter Wonderland - The Drifters
Suzy Snowflake - Rosemary Clooney
Blue Christmas - The Platters
Hark, The Herald Angels Sing - Mahalia Jackson

This is a mostly nice collection of songs. The CD's a cheapy release by no major U.S. label. I'm not sure why companies do this. Is this supposed to be better than the thousands of albums already available? The songs mostly work together... mostly. A few are really fun such as Bing & Ella on Rudolph, a song I don't usually care for but this one I like a lot! And this Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Rosemary Clooney is really nice, as well. A few are clearly from the 1980's, complete with electric drums and synthesizers while the rest is clearly from an era long gone by. Strip away three of the songs by The Drifters and The Platters and the collection as a whole sounds a whole lot better. It's not bad but I'll probably never listen to it again because ideally one day I'd get a better similar collection. Who knows, maybe I'll hang onto this and play it again and again. Hey, I can't tell the future but one thing's for certain -- Santa will know what I did!






No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated