Sunday, December 30, 2007

Yada yada Yawwwn WHERE'S MY COFFEE?!?

I got nothin'.

Worked on Saturday night. Shift was over Sunday morning at 9 a.m. when football was starting. I crashed. Week 17, the last week of the regular season, and I slept right through it.
At least I saw the great Pats-Giants game Saturday before my shift.

Oh, and not only football did I sleep through, but I slept right through sunlight, too.
This far north, tis black at 9 in the morning so black sky is all I've seen for... I need coffee bad 'cause figuring out lengths of time I don't feel like doing.

So I missed the first 2/3 of Sunday's games on TV ... finally woke up briefly and watched the Titans-Colts ... and then fell asleep again!


Now it's close to midnight and I've finally finally just woken up. This is morning for me? I'm still gonna need a serious nap later but I guess so.

More sleep I'll need 'cause I've gotta work another night shift in a little less than 24 hours from now. Shift then a day and a half off then a shift. Normal. But not normal to be working on New Years Eve. Some people must and I be one of 'em. As the clock strikes midnight for my time zone, who knows where I'll be -- driving down the road maybe, at the hospital making sure a patient is getting taken care of, taking care of a patient in someone's house, at the station maybe doing a quick disinfect and cleanup of the inside of the ambulance. There's no way to know. One thing's for sure, it'll be a busy night as party revelers will be gettin' themselves into a mess or two. That's the nature of NYE. Ahhh alcohol... it helps give me a job!

EMS Star of Life tribal tat-kinda dealie

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated