Sunday, December 9, 2007

Prelude...

There were supposed to be NO more overnight shifts for me for about two weeks, right up until December 20th or so.

Spent all day yesterday with a schedule full of nothing. I was soooo busy with a heaping helping of plain old nada. Nada, I tell you. Nada! Speckunzy Espanyole?

Then comes the call -- "Can you work the overnight shift, we're down one EMT and it's Saturday night."

Well, I could've lied, could've told 'em -- No way, Jack, if you could see how busy I am with doing nothing, you'd understand.

But I thought -- No, I probably shouldn't lie to 'em.

So I went in. Tried to take a nap beforehand... I think I accomplished a whole whopping 40 minutes of sleep preceded by like 50 minutes of trying to sleep. Greaaaaaat. Kept saying over and over to myself that I absolutely should not have agreed to work. However, sleepiness never once showed itself while I was on the clock so no worries.

It's only been a few minutes that I've been back home at my house (this is the comfortably familiar place where I live, where my dog lives, where my clothes are, where my music is and my VW bus is out back... but I'm pretty sure I don't really have a home.)

Anyway... football (American style) has just started. Breakfast with the NFL.

So today will be yet another day without going for a run. Desperately I need sleep so my motivation level right now, on the 0 to 10 Scale, is at about -14. I want to run... but it ain't gonna happen. Over the course of these 31 days of December, I was so looking forward to crushing last months run time total. Crushing it!!! Right now the pace is pathetic.

No exercise = not good.

Oh well. Even though there's football on today, I'm gonna try to get a show in. My mind was made up that it would come immediately after these words are done... but I think it's gonna have to wait until tonight. I'm sooooo tired.

1 comment:

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Hope you are well rested now...and you can run another time...no sleep is no good too... ;)

Have a nice week ahead!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated