Tuesday, December 4, 2007

an All Star run

I can't imagine not getting exercise!
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh probably never went running on January 1st.  Why January 1st?  Just seems like a day that makes the most sense.  Maybe Christmas.
Run Time -- 14 minutes 52 seconds (+0:16)

· indoors ·

Total Running Time for December ---______29 min 28 sec
____________________November -- 2 hours 18 min 45 sec
_____________________October ---_______57 min 06 sec


____(starting Oct. 1)
· Weight Loss Goal -- 24 pounds (11 kg)
_________· So Far -- 10 lb... finally double digits

8 below zero tonight (-22° celcius.) But I headed out to the Rec Center a little while ago. Hit the track for Run #2 in the first 4 days of this month. Acceptable but not great. I've got to up that percentage.

Finally went beyond 9 pounds lost. Unless I pull some sort of Gandhi-esque hunger strike, losing my goal is going to take me at least a month longer than I wanted. I was hoping for 3 months to drop 24 pounds -- by January 1st. Nope. Oh well. Problem is: I just love food too much. Easily I could weigh 300 pounds but tis best to abstain from so much that's just so delicious but definitely not good for ya. Not gorging myself on the foods that could be considered making life worth living, that ain't easy and already takes a billion metric tonnes of will-power... and having better sense doesn't always win. [shaking my head] Dumbass I can be when all I wanna do is wolf down food... and then keep shoving into my mouth even when I'm full just because it tastes so good. Nope, it's not a psychological thing -- I just love food!!!

That's part of why I run. Definitely good to have this way to burn off calories. Even though I HATE running, music makes it tolerable. And the great feeling afterwards adds on to making running an okay thing. Still boring to no end... but tolerable.

And tonight was another pretty good run.

Running tunes
from this, the Album of the Day...

All Star United

Revolution

2002





We Are The Future
Let It Rain (I'm Gonna Shine)
Revolution
Sweet Jesus
Making It Beautiful
Kings And Queens
Made In Heaven
You Can Count On Me
Global Breakdown
Weirdo

Very cool tuneage from this band out of Nashville, Tennessee. A country music capital that city is... but here's a band that most certainly does not fit that description. This is Christian music for the soul whose faith isn't the strongest... and for someone wanting Christians tunes that aren't light rock fluff that your 90 year old grandma might approve of. Definitely no foofiness here, that's for sure. This has got edge pretty much all the way through. And reading the lyrics one might even find that never is a name for God used. That's similar to Brooke Fraser who I listened to fairly recently. So what we've got here is an "alternative" sound that rocks, that speaks of the Lord in only a praiseful way, and tells all about His glory without sounding preachy or nauseating to someone who doesn't dig Christian music.

I'm totally lookin' forward to other albums from these guys and tonight I'll probably listen to this one again. Pretty good stuff!

128 kbps dload at Som Cristão

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the double digits!!!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated