Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me!

Jeremy Camp - Beyond Measure (2006)
Kinda feelin' like a rock star! Okay, perhaps that's a little dramatic. Because of a brilliant light bulb moment earlier, I didn't have to sweet talk my way into free run time at the gym since I don't have a membership. Truthfully I was lookin' forward to it... me woulda liked the challenge. Instead I dropped by the station and asked if we also had a Guest Pass for the other indoor running track in town since the University's all closed down for a few days. Low and behold... ta daaaaaa, one Unlimited Use Guest Pass for all EMS personnel. Sweeeeeet.

So after savoring a mucho unexpected Bears trouncing of the Packers, I got my Zzzzzzzz's and tonight at 8 I was ready for a run! Hallelujah, baby!

This running thing is way addicting. So long as my body doesn't fall apart, tis a great thing to be doing! Got to the gym, showed by Guest Pass, showed my EMS I.D., signed the sheet, and within minutes I was on their track.

Soon as I post this, time to head on out again, meet up with some friends for some Sunday night Sam Adams. Maybe some Guinness, probably some Guinness, at least a pints worth. Pitchers of Sam & a pint of Guinness, yes, that sounds nice, the steak to the rest of the meal or something like that. What better way to end the night after a run than with a trillion beer calories?! Ahh well, no work until 9 p.m. Christmas Eve and with so few working tomorrow, a good night to enjoy out. Blowing money like this happens so infrequently... not something I like to do, the layin' down of the cash that is, but at least it helps the local economy! So, without further ado, let me wrap this up so I can head on out the door 'cause there's a barstool in town with my name on it (and I'm gettin' thirsty!!!!)

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh probably never went running on January 1st.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  Why January 1st?  Just seems like a day that makes the most sense.  Maybe Christmas. Run Time: 15 minutes 30 seconds

• indoors

Total Running Time for December - 2 hours 17 min 03 sec
____________________November -- 2 hours 18 min 45 sec
_____________________October ---_______57 min 06 sec

____(starting Oct. 1)
· Weight Loss Goal -- 24 pounds (11 kg)
_________· So Far -- 11 lb

Awesome run. Practically effortless. I really don't know why sometimes it's not so easy when other times I'm left feeling like I was when I hit my end cue tonight. I may have only added 1 whole whopping second to my Run Time... but since I finished with ease, I am perfectly satisfied! And in the very first song of my next run, I'll have eclipsed my November Run Time Total which is another achievement in itself. Still I'm about a billion hours, it seems, away from running a marathon. Ah well, I guess that's not necessarily the main goal anyway. Just wanna get some good exercise, get the cardiovascular system workin' more than normal, get the heart rate up, keep my blood pressure down, burn off some calories, stay as fit as possible and healthy, and stave off cancer! A-freakin'-men to that!

Running tunes
from the album of the day...

Jeremy Camp - Beyond Measure (2006)Jeremy Camp

Beyond Measure

2006







Tonight

What It Means
Beyond Measure
Let It Fade
Feels Like
When You Are Near
No Matter What
Little Time
Everything
I Am Nothing
Give You Glory
Give Me Jesus

There was a time when I listened to a Christian music station a whole lot and on it they often played a few tunes from Jeremy Camp, songs that had been on the Christian chart, songs that really resonated with listeners. I'm sure so many of his songs do but the way radio works, they don't play everything, unfortunately. In any case, I've already been introduced to this guy's music, at least on a small scale. Now I get to expand a little.

This is just another amazing album that does nothing but raise up God in every song. If it's not direct praise in the lyrics then it's all about His greatness and what He can do for those that just wanna open themselves up to allowing God to help out in life.

Musically this ain't fluff. I'm often wary of Christian music; when the sound is too "adult contemporary" boring on pop -- well, I'm kind of frowning with bitterness just thinking about it. Great music that often is, and great messages in the lyrics, but that doesn't mean it's enjoyable by everyone. Usually stuff like that is tolerable but more useful for falling asleep to.

Jeremy Camp, on the otherhand, his music just screams to be turned up!!!! Yeah, that's the Christian music me likey likey! A few of these most recent albums have been excellent to run to. A few dozen more just like this and that's gonna make for a lot of great runs, at least as far as the music goes!

A great review for this album (and many more) can be found at:
Christian Music Today

128 kbps dload @ Música Cristã MP3

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated