Thursday, April 19, 2007

Running Furthur Across The River

They say, "Milk, it does a body good," but it's running that I say does a body good. Yes, running indeed. And oh joy, do I hate it. Well, maybe hate's too strong a word. Certainly, though, I despise running. It gives me no pleasure what-so-freakin'-ever. But the effects of running are beneficial far more than anything else I care to physically take part in... lifting weights? no, thanks. cardio workouts? oh, heck no. So running it is plus I get to listen to some good to great music, I'm OUTDOORS on a trail, and so my ultimate hero Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing."

around 65 minutes on the trail...

Running Time
16 minutes & 27 seconds
(+25 seconds!)

tunes...

Bruce Hornsby ~ 7/12/97
Furthur Festival
Polaris Amphitheater, Columbus, Ohio


Harbor Lights, Across The River,
Another Day->
It Takes A Lot To Laugh It Takes A Train To Cry->
Another Day,
Black Muddy River, Hothouse Ball,
The Valley Road

Ahhh, a sweet Bruce Hornsby soundboard from what now seems like the almost ancient, so very long ago Furthur Festival of the year nineteen hundred and ninety-seven. Marc Ford of the Black Crowes sat in for a song or two but no Bobby on this set. Oh well. Maybe next time I'll pick a '97 FF Hornsby set with Bobby on a Jack Straw or other tune... it just so happened this show has an almost perfectly timed 16 minute long Across The River. That plus a little in-between song time made for a perfect run. The highlight of the show, of course, would be Black Muddy River. This was almost two years after Jerry died and even listening to the SBD I could almost sense a sigh from half the crowd or more... I bet some were even crying. But with Jerry gone, The Music Never Stopped... it changed some, with different singers, but the tunes are still the same. In any case, so glad I dloaded this for my run and listening pleasure.

dload in one long .wma file
Bruce Hornsby 7/12/97 from SugarMegs.org

Grateful Dead Steal Your Face

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now! i was at this show and would love to hear it again-- any chance of posting it again??
thanks

Zoooma said...

hey now! wow, this post was from way before I started with mp3. Unfortunately I don't have this on disc. I had grabbed it from SugarMegs and now you can, too.

This is the best I can do anytime in the near-future.

In lieu of high quality mp3 files, this is excellent for listening.

Enjoy. Peace!

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated