Sunday, April 1, 2007

dead end c-western

Ghost of Hidden Valley (1946)

In the 1940's Buster Crabbe starred as Billy Carson in a series of over 20 short, low budget films. In Ghost of Hidden Valley, Billy helps a strangely American-accented Brit who has just shown up with his personal man-servant to take over his family's ranch.

There is absolutely no climactic ending, there are no wild shootouts or horse chases, and the story just yawningly meanders to a practically nothing finish. This is so low budget that one could probably buy half of what's in Sprawl-mart for less than the cost of this movie. The greatest mystery is -- why was it digitally restored and put onto DVD? That probably cost ten times more than the whole production.

I love B-westerns but this is bottom of the barrel tripe. And knowing me I'll watch more Billy Carson movies in the future. Why? I dunno. Maybe some of them'll be worth watching and since I'm not gonna rely on what others say, I've gotta judge for myself.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated