Wednesday, April 25, 2007

17: Stellar or Still Sucky?

I achieved another milestone on my run this evening. A sort of milestone -- up to (and a little past) 17 minutes. Is it even significant? In a way it is. A year ago I never imagined running for what to me is so long. But now in my not-that-serious quest to be able to run a marathon, 17 is still pretty lame. All I want is to be able to run exactly like this at least a few times a week in order to help maintain a healthy heart, etc. Within the long range scope of desiring to be able to finish a marathon in about 240 minutes, well, LOL HAHAHAHA I'm a wicked long way off so 17 isn't significant at all. Perhaps I'll just keep on adding on little by little and think about 20 being the next milestone...

75 minutes on the trail...

Running Time --
17 minutes & 7 seconds (up 12)



Sammy Kershaw

Don't Go Near The Water (debut album from 1991)

Anywhere But Here
Every Third Monday
Don't Go Near The Water
What Am I Worth
I Buy Her Roses
Yard Sale
Real Old-Fashioned Broken Heart
Kickin' In
Cadillac Style
Harbor For A Lonely Heart

+
some Sammy Kershaw tunes for Christmas...
Up On The Housetop
Christmas Won't Be Christmas (Without You Here)
We Three Kings
Winter Wonderland
&
Billie Holiday -- Fine and Mellow [Jazz Lounge Remix]
One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) -- Sinatra

+
Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders -- I Second That Emotion

Sammy Kershaw's debut album is pretty good early 90's Nashville country. Cadillac Style, I believe, still has radio play today, maybe one of his biggest hits. But the music kinda stunk for running to at least in part due to the fact that I blindly chose -- or chose without first hearing -- songs to run to that were too slow for my pace. Around the halfway point I nearly pulled up 'cause I wasn't satisfied by what I was hearing; the tunes didn't give me enough to concentrate on to take my mind off the seemingly uselessness and boredom of jogging. Almost felt like I was crawling along and a fast-paced hike woulda been just as good plus a hundred times more enjoyable than running. But I pushed on and succeeded once again. I'll revisit Mr. Kershaw's music again someday but to run to, the best thing will be to choose faster paced songs ahead of time!

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated