Friday, April 13, 2007

FAILURE

I failed.

After like 25 straight runs where I successfully added onto my previous time, I finally failed.

Usually my runs happen late in the evening as the sun is headed below the horizon, when it's not so hot out, even a bit chilly upon my return. This afternoon I left when the sun was nearly directly overhead, when the Heat Index was well above 80°F. I thought it would be doable. Nope.

Starting at only about 3 or 4 minutes into the run I began to so very seriously want to be done a.s.a.p! Starting at about halfway I began to pray, really conversin' with God and askin' Him to help me through this run. I hate selfishly asking for Him to help me but I know that my physical health can and will be used for good in the future, not just so I'm healthy. But anyway, with a 2 minute and 38 second song + about 20 seconds on the song before to go, I came to a screeching halt mid-prayer. Did God answer and tell my body I'd better stop or else maybe something bad'll happen? (Maybe I would injured my hamstring again?) Or maybe God just wanted to show me His power over me? I just don't know if it was Him who killed my run or was my body just not able to go the distance this afternoon? I just don't have a clear answer.

Disappointed? Yes, somewhat. At the same time it's no big whoop 'cause if it was God then I ain't gonna be mad at His doing! Disappointed I will be for sure if I am not able to improve on my last time... and continuously improve. But I'm mostly alright with this failure... just hope they don't continue!

About 58 minutes on the trail...

Running Time -- about 13 minutes

blink-182 -- Dude Ranch (1997)

Untitled, Emo, Voyeur, Dammit, A New Hope,
Josie, Waggy, Dick Lips, Lemmings, Boring,
Degenerate, Enthused, Apple Shampoo, Pathetic
+
Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders -- Money Honey
(7-11-73, from Keystone Encores)

blink-182 is horrible to run to. I bet this might be good music to play really loud while cleaning around the house or maybe in the parking lot while getting ready to go surfin'... but it was definitely too fast-paced for a medium-paced run.

I'm not sure I even care for them but I'll give another album another chance someday. But at this moment I've not a positive thing to say about 'em.

Great song from Jerry & Merl to take me home, though! It's no wonder I save the best for last!

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated