Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kiss My Ass, Brazil!

Football!!!!
But wait... isn't it baseball season?!?
All summer it's baseball season but there's also football!


Unfortunately I'm gonna miss the Cubbies-White Sux game but the game that I care more about is on tonight -- the Mets are going to lose at home to the Yankees on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. Damn Mets.

But right now is the most important soccer football match of the year -- U.S. vs. Brasil in the FIFA Confederations Cup Final, baby!

So far it's 1-0 U.S.!!!!!! Kaka is goin' down!!


The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!  P.S. DEATH TO IRAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday Early Afternoon Run: 12 min 20 sec
+28 sec
.
1 Day Since My Last Run

1:25 p.m. 93° (34C) / 98° Heat Index way sunny

Running Tunes: Led Zeppelin (a mix from first few albums)
I'm still sweating my butt off even though I stopped running well over 30 minutes ago. Soon after that I was back from the trail inside an air-conditioned house and into a mostly cold shower. My body temperature feels like it's slowly coming down from about 110 or so. This always happens on these wicked hot days. And that's all we have now is wicked hot days, one after a-freakin'-nother. And then when I don't wake up at dawn I've got no choice but to go and do a death run. It could be worse, it could be 95 with a Heat Index of over 100. When it's this hot it doesn't necessarily matter what the temperature is. Crickey, mate, this just ain't easy and I've got to cut it the heck out. Or die. One or the other. And today I didn't have ice water. I hd forgotten to put my water in the freezer and by the time my run was through, I had warm yucky water... but I still drank it because no matter what the temp of the water, it was needed to prevent dehydration and heat exhaustion. Man, this sucks. Living in this situation with horrid temperatures like this is something I need to have come to an end. I don't know why people live where it's this hot. It's disgusting... and not condusive to running.
jogging Beats Per Minute Pace 3:12:04
11 runs in JUNE:
3 hours 12 min
10 runs in May:
4 hours 9 min
8 runs in April:
3 hours 29 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated