Monday, June 22, 2009

Another hot run today

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!  P.S. DEATH TO IRAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday Afternoon Run: 12 minutes 11 sec
+2:03
.
1:45 p.m. 92° / 96° Heat Index sunny
1 Day Since My Last Run
I had to go for another hot run today because I was wayyyyyyy too tired at dawn when the temperature was more appropriate and suitable for running. What I didn't do was waver. Nope, no wavering, I got right out there. I was actually kind of excited. The temperature today isn't as high as yesterday but still dang freakin' hot. It was not pleasant out there by any means. The sweat poured down even though my pace was slow. The sun blared down, completely heating me up whilst sucking the energy from me. Diligently I paid attention to every note of music that was playing in my ears. I gave half my attention to my body to make sure everything was working fine (something I generally always do but maybe not as much as today) and half my attention to the tunes to take my mind off the heat and the run. It was a constant battle to keep my pace and not stop and begin my walk back to my ice water. Twelve minutes in this heat is like a half hour when the temperature is nice and moderate. Maybe twelve minutes in this is even more work.

I'm not sure if I'll get to my goal of making June better than May, but I'm gonna do what I can to get exercise in.
7 runs in June :: 2:22:31 sec· X
7 runs in JUNE:
2 hr 22½ min
10 runs in May:
4 hours 9 min
8 runs in April:
3 hours 29 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated