Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Final Run in June

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!  P.S. DEATH TO IRAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday Afternoon Run: 11 min 52 sec
-28 sec
.
2 Days Since My Last Run

2:10 p.m. 95° (35C) / 97° Heat Index way sunny

Running Tunes: Led Zeppelin IV

Hot. Just hot. Could be worse. It would feel hotter if the humidity was really high but today it's actually way way way low (like 32% according to The Weather Channel as I don't have my own humidity gauge.) Even with low humidity, the 90+ degree temperature was brutal to the max. I think I've got to stop doing these runs. They're uncomfortable, they don't make me feel like I've gotten exercise, they don't leave me feeling good overall. I do love the challenge of running when it's this hot, it makes me feel like I can do anything... but this kind of heat just sucks the life out of me. Today when I got back to my ice water I drank the whole thing down, almost, leaving me just drops for the 12 minute walk back to the house. Not good. Back, showered and once again resting and once again still sweating. Damn, this sucks ass.

And now that running for the month of June is over, I can seriously think about how the hell I'm going to achieve a better time in July. With these temperatures persisting all summer, I'm not sure how I'm gonna do it. We'll see what happens.
jogging Beats Per Minute Pace 3:23:56
12 runs in JUNE:
3 hours 24 min
10 runs in May:
4 hours 9 min
8 runs in April:
3 hours 29 min
6 runs in March:
2 hours 28 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated