Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Evening Nothingness

picture from the Sydney Morning Herald

Man. We have bad fires in the U.S., sometimes a life or two lost, rarely more and never loss of life like that which is occurring in Australia this past week. I've really gotta wonder how we prevent such death while there it's so horrible. Don't people see fire and leave? Don't officials go and tell people to leave before the fire line gets to them? No offense but are Americans smarter?!? And it's not like Australia is a third world country. I just don't get it.

Anyway...

#21 ranked Illinois beat higher ranked Purdue today.
Very cool... I guess?


I went Brit synth-pop running...

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Sunday Afternoon Run: 24 minutes 10 sec
+23 seconds

4:40 pm - 67
° - yet another cloudless sunny afternoon

I'm not so sure I was looking forward to today's run. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wanted to put it off. After all, I just ran 2 days ago. Yes, I would like to run every 2 days, or every 2 or 3 days, but, well, I dunno, I just wasn't so much into this run. I got it done, though. That I'm happy about. I feel pretty good, I added a third of a minute -- not a lot but that's better than only 10 or 12 second, certainly better than no added time at all.
X ·Feb :: +04 sec· X
Feb - 3 runs:
1 hour & 11 min
JANUARY 2009
2 hours 54 min
December '08
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October:2 hours 10 min
**SEPTEMBER**3 Hours 25 min

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
PHONOGRAPH

Sunday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
The Human League - Dare (1981)
The Human League

Dare!

1981
The Things That Dreams Are Made Of
Open Your Heart
The Sound Of The Crowd
Darkness
Do Or Die
Get Carter
I Am The Law
Seconds
Love Action (I Believe In Love)
Don't You Want Me
I think everyone in the world knows the last song on this album, don't they? Well, maybe a few isolated tribes in the Amazon rainforest or in really remote regions of Africa or the South Pacific, maybe they've not heard it but I'm sure everyone else has.

I'm not exactly sure what possessed me to listen to The Human League. That one song is okay, catchy and popular and all but... this is.... not exactly my favorite kind of music. Not even close. The thing is, for running it's just fine. Aside from using it while running and while on the trail, I've given a few listens to this and it's not bad... but I don't think I'll ever listen again and, in fact, I'm not truly gonna rule it out but I might skip this band altogether for the rest of this life and potentially the next one, too.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a download @
The Mood Indicator 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 mp3 download
"Don't You Want Me"
the original music video

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated