Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kinda Grungy Run

Am I a fool to be surprised by this?

Sen. Roland Burris admitted in a document released Saturday that former Gov. Rod Blagojevich's brother asked him for campaign fundraising help before the governor appointed Burris to the Senate. The disclosure is at odds with Burris' testimony in January when an Illinois House impeachment committee specifically asked if he had ever spoken to Robert Blagojevich or other aides to the now-deposed governor about the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama.
Honest to goodness, I thought this guy was clean. It turns out he's just another lying politician. He lied under oath, said he had never spoken to a representative for Blagojevich about money. Never means never, not ever, not once. But now he's saying that yes, he did speak to someone. I caught some of his press conference before I went for a run and the weasel just kept spinning, spinning, spinning, trying to turn it into a huge mistake by the press and by others, misunderstanding what he was referring to or some bogus baloney like that.

The question now is -- will Burris be forced to resign or will Congress sweep his lies under the rug? They have, after all, turned a blind eye to the tax cheating by the disastrous-so-far Secretary of the Treasury Tim Geithner. What's one more lying piece of crap in Washington? Join the crowd!!!


TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Sunday Afternoon Run: 24 minutes 43 sec
+23 seconds

4:50 pm - 52
° - kinda chilly and overcast

Not a bad run despite the fact that I wasn't exactly sure that I wanted to run this afternoon. Feeling a little bit tired doesn't help me get my butt dressed and out the door and to the trail. But I did it, ya know, 'cause, well, like, ya see, it's important. For sure it is. Totally.

Anyway... 52 degrees Fahrenheit is right at that temp when I'm not sure about short or long sleeve. Short is chilly when I first go outside but long, I just know, woulda been too warm when I had finished with my almost 25 minutes of running. Fortunately, since I went with the short-sleeve, what I did was turn around about half way through my run so I didn't have that far to walk back. If it was warm or if I had more time and I'd worn a long-sleeve shirt, I'd run 25 minutes out and walk almost 45 minutes all the back... but not with only a short sleeve shirt on and no sun overhead.

The run itself felt good. I'm looking forward to 25 minutes -- almost there. I had no thoughts of quitting prematurely, no significant aches or pains, felt really damn good. I'm beat down tired now but had I'd gone more than 3 days without running (my only significant exercise) I'd begin to really get down on myself. I'm glad I got out there!

Only 2 more runs needed and I will eclipse my January Run Time. Sweet. But I'm shooting for 5 more runs in February, 5 more runs and 4 Total Hours!
X ·Feb :: +07 sec· X
Feb - 5 runs:
2 hours 00 min
JANUARY 2009
2 hours 54 min
December '08
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October:2 hours 10 min
**SEPTEMBER**3 Hours 25 min

TIE-DYE SEPARATOR BAR
PHONOGRAPH

Sunday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
Candlebox - 1993 self titled debut album
Candlebox

self-titled debut

1993
Don't You
Change
You
No Sense
Far Behind
Blossom
Arrow
Rain
Mother's Dream
Cover Me
He Calls Home
Yeah, now this beats the hell out of the last album I listened to a few days ago by Ben Folds. This has guitar, it has edge, it's loud, it kicks ass, it makes me want to TURN THE VOLUME UP... not sit and politely nod and clap at what nice music it is. Seattle turned out a LOT of great music since the mid to late '80's and this band makin' it big in '93 is no exception! A couple of these songs I've known -- "You" and "Far Behind" -- but the rest is brand new to me. I'm not sure if there's a single song here that I don't dig. Love the lead guitar work throughout and the drums really help drive these songs. Kinda reminiscent of Pearl Jam at times but the lead singer's voice here is different from Eddie Vedder's, giving this its own distinctive sound.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a download @
Napsmear 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 mp3 download

check out the video for "Far Behind"

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated