Tuesday, March 24, 2009

nothing but a run

I got nothin'. I went for a run. That's it.

Dead show news: I was hoping to put something up yesterday and/or today but nope... but soon, maybe tomorrow, something from the early 70's... and something interesting and sweet is always on the horizon. So, as always: Stay Tuned!

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Tuesday early afternoon Run: 24 min 55 sec
+ 11 seconds
.
Days Since My Last Run: AGAIN ONE WEEK . . . UGH (BAD!!!!!!!!!)
.
1:50 pm - 71
° - mostly sunny to start; then clouds moved in

Second run in a row that had a whole week between runs. How pathetically horrible is that?! Still I decided to add time on. I could've not run as hard as last week but the last thing I wanna do is take a freakin' step back... again. Pushing forward towards 25 minutes was the right thing to do? I'm not sure. This run beat the hell out of me. Running once every seven days is NOT good. Well... it's better than never running at all, I suppose. Right? Yeah. But to not keep it up on a regular or semi-regular basis (more than once every seven days) is a bit of torture on me. Less than halfway through the run, all I wanted was to either stop or just die. Either one would've been fine. At the end I had to stop, bend over, put hands on knees, and have about 20 seconds worth of gasping rest before I pushed myself to slowly walk again and head back. Now I'm feeling okay but not great. My body feels like it took somewhat of a beating. I don't believe I have any sort of injury. I'll know that for sure in 24 hours but, while this was way difficult, I think that I'll recover just fine.

March won't be as successful as February but I'm just gonna have to look forward to a great April.
X ·Feb :: +46 sec· X
4 runs in MARCH:
1 hour & 37 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min
**SEPTEMBER**3 Hours 25 min

**********IMPORTANT***PART**OF**THE**POST----SEPARATOR**BAR**********
PHONOGRAPH

Tuesday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
Hole - Pretty on the Inside - FrontHole

Pretty On The Inside

1991 (debut)
Teenage Whore
Babydoll
Garbadge Man
Sassy
Good Sister/Bad Sister
Mrs. Jones
Berry
Loaded
Starbelly
Pretty On The Inside
Clouds

This took me a bunch of listens to appreciate. It's pretty loud with a lot of sound going on. With Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth co-producing, it fits right into what she knows so well. And in a way it's almost like the female version of older Nirvana. Uhhh, I think that's about all I've got to say about it. Not my favorite kind of music, not by any means, but I don't mind it. A good, loud, angry sound is refreshing now and then.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a download @
Mp3 Grunge 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 mp3 download

Hole's video for "Garbadge Man"

1 comment:

Sugarmag said...

Hi Baby,

I'm glad you ran. Now if you can just do it a little more often, that's be great! I know you will.

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated