Friday, March 27, 2009

CCR RUN

If you enter "word of the day" (in quotes) into your favorite internet search engine, you'll get not just one Word Of The Day but many from various websites. I thought it might be a fun exercise to pick a Word Of The Day and just start typing about what immediately comes to mind...

yeah, but that'll piss off a LOT of people should they read what I'd write. A few examples from today are "feckless" and "vestige" and "durable." All that immediately comes to mind has to do with the Socialization of America by many of the idiots who are in charge of running this great country. These dooshbags think they're doing what's best for America and for Americans but in reality they're feckless morons who are proving the U.S. Constitution is not durable. They swear an oath to uphold the Constitution but they just don't give a damn, many of them. Because of that, so many citizens need to fight so hard so we're not facing a time in our history where we have to hang on for dear life to America's last vestige of freedom and conservative values. Our founding fathers would be appalled at where we are now. I swear, they'd want to leave here for somewhere the politicians actually act efficiently AND in the best interest of The People rather than themselves. I wonder what planet that is.

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Friday early afternoon Run: 25 minutes 12 sec
+ 17 seconds
.
Days Since My Last Run: 3 days
.
12:20 pm - 70
° - overcast

Decent run and I'm happy with the amount of time I added on but March is going to be a failure. If I go every other day, I won't even hit 3 hours. How pathetic is that? Crap!
March :: -02 sec· X
5 runs in MARCH:
2 hours & 3 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min
**SEPTEMBER**3 Hours 25 min

**********IMPORTANT***PART**OF**THE**POST----SEPARATOR**BAR**********
PHONOGRAPH

Friday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
CCR debut album coverCreedence
Clearwater
Revival

self-titled debut

1968 (debut)
I Put A Spell On You
The Working Man
Susie Q
Ninety-Nine and a Half (Won't Do)
Get Down Woman
Porterville
Gloomy
Walking On The Water

I listen to so much music that's just fine for running... and then every once in a while I get something like this into my ears. Maybe someday I'll finally get around to having shelves of The Essentials -- music that I MUST listen to not just once every few years but occasionally. This is one of those that needs to be in my ears more often. Last time I played this I was in Montana and that was like circa 2000. That's way too long between listens for such a great album. One listen to Susie Q and it's clear why this is Deadhead music! What a great jam they get into. Walk On The Water isn't as long as Susie Q, it's actually under 5 minutes but holy crap, what a lot of music they pack into 5 minutes! Sooooo good! Other tunes, as well, totally have a late 60's feel to them. It could almost be Jerry Garcia on lead guitar. Hmmm... speaking of Jerry, these guys totally have a Dead connection with Tom Fogerty playing in the early 70's with Jerry & Merl Saunders. Wow..... hmmm..... and in 1989 Jerry and Bob played an AIDS benefit with John Fogerty and just a year and a few months later, Tom Fogerty (according to Wikipedia) died of AIDS complications stemming from a blood transfusion.

Anyway, this doesn't qualify as one of my favorite albums ever but it's so damn good and I've definitely gotta get more CCR into my ears!

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a download @
Stuck In The Past! 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 mp3 download

"I Put A Spell On You"
Woodstock, 1969


No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated