Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Solo Eagle Run III

I went for a run. Yup. I got nothin' else. I don't think. No rant. Nothin'. Seems my displeasure with the federal government has melted into a dismal everyday way of life and there's nothing in particular that I feel like bitching about. The Dow Jones is actually up again today and if it closes in positive numbers, that'll make 5 out of the last 6 days that it has. Hmmm... I guess that means America's gonna be okay then. Ha, yeah, well, not exactly. It's a hgood thing but it's a little too soon to be saying that everything's on its way to getting back to normal. We're at around 7,300 and we need to push over 10,000 for Americans to make back the money they lost since Obama was inaugurated. Long way to go.

The North Face trail running shoe -- good for use in the Appalachian Mountains ... but seriously, they are rather small compared to the Rocky Mountains ... Sierra Nevada are sweet, too.  Would definitely use 'em in the Alps, that's for sure.  One thing's for sure -- Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir or Phil Lesh or Blaise Compaoré probably never went running in Liberia, Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, Pyongyang, 평양 직할시 조선민주주의인민공화국 平壤直轄市 朝鮮民主主義人民共和國, Türkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Кыргызстан, Киргизия, Uzbekistan, O'zbekiston, Ўзбекистон Республикаси, Tajikistan, Тоҷикистон.  Probably the same with Brent Mydland.  At least that's my gut feeling.  I could be wrong.  I mean, there were a lot of drugs at Grateful Dead shows and the good Lord above, He knows I did my share!
Tuesday early afternoon Run: 24 minutes 44 sec
+ 7 seconds
.
Days Since My Last Run: ONE WEEK . . . UGH (BAD!!!!!!!!!)
.
12:45 am - 64
° - mostly sunny, warm but not terribly so.

Whew. That was strange. A week since I've been on the trail seems to me now like a month or even a year. It's bizarre how I felt like a stranger out there. And my legs didn't exactly enjoy what I was there on the trail to do. Now that I'm home and showered, I feel spent. My run was accomplished but it definitely wasn't easy. The whole entire week between runs is NOT GOOD. NOT DAMN GOOD. Freakin' pollen and rain. Excuses, excuses. I'm not doing good for March.
X ·Feb :: -09 sec· X
3 runs in MARCH:
1 hour & 13 min
*** FEBRUARY ***
3 hours 41 min
January 2009
2 hours 54 min
December
2 hours 42 min
November:2 hours 31 min
October 2008:2 hours 10 min
**SEPTEMBER**3 Hours 25 min

**********IMPORTANT***PART**OF**THE**POST----SEPARATOR**BAR**********
PHONOGRAPH

Tuesday's Running Playlist
included most of this album...
cover-500Don Henley

I Can't Stand Still

1982 (post-Eagles solo debut)
I Can't Stand Still
You Better Hang Up
Long Way Home
Nobody's Business
Talking To The Moon
Dirty Laundry
Johnny Can't Read
Them And Us
La Eile
Lilah
The Unclouded Day

First album from Don Henley since the Eagles broke up and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I've heard and I like Henley's two or three albums that follow this one but except for one song -- Dirty Laundry -- I'd never this debut until very recently. The music's alright but I'm not exactly loving a bunch of the lyrics here. Johnny Can't Read is just dumb. It's supposed to make a political statement, sort of, or it's a condemnation of the failure of American schools to properly educate everyone... but as a song -- no, especially in the manner it's presented here, all upbeat and poppy. Whatever... although, it does have a couple interesting seconds at the end when he throws in a line of lyrics from a popular Eagles song. Anyway, Henley's later albums are definitely better crafted than this. Lilah is really nice, Them And Us isn't bad and Long Way Home is almost a great ballad so it's not all lame. Dirty Laundry, though, is definitely the stand-out tune, the ever-popular early Henley hit that can still, I'm guessing, be heard on the radio today. That tune makes this album worth it.

320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE find a download @
Jolly Joker 320 kbps mp3 download MUSIC NOTE
320 mp3 download

I think, if my vague memory isn't just a hallucination,
back in the day there was a Dirty Laundry music video on MTV...
but I couldn't find it. Oh well. Here's a live version from May 2000.

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated