Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Yayyyyy, Pain is fun.

Zilch Day.

Pain.

LOTS of pain in my right shin. This is just unbelievably horrible.

Today was my dad's cataract surgery on his right eye. Not sure why but I guess they're saving the left for a later date.

Without much sleep last night, I had to drive him to the doctor this morning, about eight or so miles away. As soon as I dropped him off I then went about a mile to Dunkin' D for some Cawwf E... and I just couldn't resist and got a Boston Creme. Back a mile to the doctor's office. French lessons, another playing of 3/12/66 on the mp3 player, and about an hour and a half later, it was time to drive another eight miles back to my dad's house. There weren't too many miles spent behind the wheel but with each push down on and pull off from the gas pedal, a nice, sharp pain burned through my shin. So nice it was, yes. Just lovely. On the 0 to 10 Pain Scale, this was really blowin' up to almost a 9. At rest it was maybe only a mere uncomfortable 3 to a 4. Walking it was about a 6-7. But with each movement on that gas pedal -- the pain exploded.

As soon as I was able to lay down on the bed and veg out with some reading and a syndicated sitcom or six, I had a bag of ice practically bolted onto that 2 by 3 inch area of leg where the pain is centered. Got it nice and numbed, reducing the swelling that gave me a morning of near hell. It's not so bad now, will surely need ice again later. And after I stand around for an hour while making a good meal for dinner later tonight, I'm a gonna need me some more ice to try to reduce more swelling that'll surely blow up again. Yay. This is fun.

(This really sucks!)

No comments:

one says one number and the other another
but they were set at the same time. Hmmm...

i love you amy uzarski.  always!
 
Calvin and Hobbes in the snow -- animated